VT Brew Pubs & Breweries
VT Micro-Brewery Tours – Beer Making – Ale House & Stout
If you love beer, you will love Vermont. Vermont is the beermaking capital of the USA with new microbreweries opening regularly. Vermonters have been brewing beer and making wine for many decades. Early Vermont settlers typically stored several barrels of cider or brandy in their cellars to help take the chill off of the long, cold winter. By 1810, Vermont had 125 distillers producing more than 173,000 gallons of apple brandy annually. By the late 1800’s temperance movements, changes in liquor traffic, and Prohibition led to the virtual elimination of Vermont’s commercial beer and wine industries. Today, Vermont is home to dozens of brewpubs (micro-breweries) and wineries, and the number is on the rise. Explore some of our favorite Vermont Breweries and Vermont brewpubs. Feature your Vermont business, or share updates, contact us.
Vermont Breweries – Microbrews & Brew Pubs
The Norwich Inn, 325 Main Street, Norwich, VT 05055
Vermont brewery tradition was revived at the Norwich Inn in 1993 when Jasper Murdock's Alehouse began producing traditional English-style ales in 5-gallon glass jugs. By 1995, an historic livery building was renovated and outfitted with a new four-barrel brew house, enabling 125-gallon batches. The vessels are now larger, but the Jasper Murdock Alehouse remains one of the smallest breweries in America. These hand crafted beers are sold only at the Inn. Call ahead and place your an order to pick up when you come to the Inn. The Norwich Inn offers an extensive, diverse and moderately priced menu incorporating traditional pub favorites with elegant dinner options. We have nightly dinner and wine specials that can be enjoyed in our pub or dining room 7 nights a week. An Inn has been on the site since 1797; the current Victorian Structure since 1890. We offer 38 guestrooms, Pub, Dining Room, and Microbrewery.
Visit Jasper Murdock Alehouse at Norwich Inn
Drop-In Brewing Company
610 Route 7 S.
The brewery is also the home of the American Brewers Guild, a craft brewing school.
Magic Hat Brewing Company
5 Bartlett Bay Road
South Burlington, VT 05043
Brewster River Pub and Brewery
4087 Route 108 South
Craft brews and grub. Minutes from Smugglers’ Notch Resort.
Jasper Murdocks Brewery at Norwich Inn
325 Main Street
Amazing brews at one of the oldest breweries in New England. More than 50 different craft beers, including traditionally English style cask ales.
Otter Creek Brewing
793 Exchange Street
Middlebury, VT 05753
336 Ruth Carney Drive
Windsor, VT 05089
14TH Star Brewing
133 North Main Street, Suite 7
St Albans, Vermont
A veteran-owned craft brewery in St. Albans, VT with a mission to brew high-quality beer.
1st Republic Brewing Co.
39 River Road, Suite 6
Essex Junction, Vermont
A tasting room is now available.
Beer Naked Brewery
7678 VT- Rte 9
Beers change often. They brew a variety of styles, striving to brew beer for every palette. Currently serving pints, tastings, growlers, and crowlers.
Hermit Thrush Brewery
29 High Street, Suite 101C
Belgian inspired ales made responsibly. Wood pellet boilers, beer tasting room, and growler fills to-go just a short walk off Main St in Brattleboro, VT.
201 Route 112
J’ville Brewery serves small batch, handcrafted brews in Southern Vermont.
100 Cottage Club Rd
The Alchemist is a small, family-run brewery specializing in fresh, unfiltered IPA. Currently focused on brewing one beer perfectly – Heady Topper, an American Double IPA.
Ten Bends Beer
590 E Main St
Hyde Park, Vermont
Ten Bends Beer creates small-batch ales inspired by the unique nature of Vermont. Ten Bends operates a three-barrel brewhouse and tasting room located in Hyde Park.
Foley Brothers Brewing
79 Stone Mill Dam Road
Family run, 7-barrel brewery with a wide-ranging selection of handcrafted ales.
Farnham Ale and Lager
82 Ethan Allen Dr
South Burlington, Vermont
Farnham Ale & Lager opened its doors in 2015 with the mission of making craft beer accessible to all.
Long Trail Brewing Company
PO Box 168, US Route 4
Bridgewater Corners, VT 05035
Hill Farmstead Brewery
403 Hill Road
Bring a credit card and drive carefully on the dirt roads. An award-winning Vermont Brewery.
Lost Nation Brewing
87 Old Creamery Road
Morrisville, VT 05661
Switchback Brewing Company
River Roost Brewery
230 S Main St
White River Junction, VT 05001
A pleasant surprise in White River Jct., Tasty small-batch brews, no food or seating. Growler fills.
- These Ramblers come standard with our YETI MagSlider Lid, the only drink lid that uses the power of magnets to keep your water, beer, or favorite drink on lock
- Our Ramblers are BPA-free, dishwasher safe, and have a No Sweat Design to make sure your hands stay dry
- Dracut is a durable coat of color that won't fade, peel, or crack through extended field use and also provide additional grip to the Rambler's exterior
- We over-engineered these double-wall insulated tumblers with an 18/8 stainless steel body, which means your drink still keeps its temperature no matter how much of a beating this cup takes
- The YETI 20 oz. Rambler Tumbler stands 6 7/8 in high and has a lip diameter of 3 1/2 in. All YETI Tumblers are sized to fit in standard sized cup holders
- Sport type: Camping & Hiking. Keeps cold drinks cold and hot drinks hot until the last sip
- LARGE Size 4PC Set | LARGE Capacity 19.5 oz unlike others which are 16-18 oz | Original Hammered Shape - COMFORTABLE Brass Handle | 4 Mugs
- FOOD SAFE MATERIALS | Manufactured from high-quality STAINLESS-STEEL then COPPER-PLATED to get a lustrous finish. 100% Food SAFE and Quality Tested.
- Expert WORKSMANSHIP | STUNNING, SHATTERPROOF and DURABLE. GREAT for indoor, outdoor and everyday use!
- 19.5 oz LARGE Capacity | Ideal size for Moscow Mule Mug is 16 oz-20 oz | Perfect for adding extra garnish or not re-filling as much | Can also be used for many other COLD drinks like Beer, Iced-Tea, Iced Coffee, Cocktails etc.
- DURABLE | With the proper care, you will be able to use this item for a very long time | To protect the delicate copper surface, please hand-wash only ! No abrasive detergents!
- Stop Wine Headaches with Drop It – If you get a headache from a glass or two of wine, you may have a common sensitivity to Sulfites and/or Wine Tannins. Drop your wine headache and enjoy wine again with Drop It -- the ONLY product that naturally reduces BOTH Sulfites and Tannins in all types of wine. Proudly made (and verified) in the USA.
- All-Natural Ingredients – Drop It is independently tested and verified by a USA-based wine laboratory. Contains JUST 3 ingredients: food-grade hydrogen peroxide, natural egg white protein and sunflower lecithin. It's gluten, soy & dairy free, with no sweeteners or artificial flavors.
- Enjoyed by Thousands of Wine Enthusiasts – Highly cost effective compared to wine wands and wine filters, each bottle of Drop It treats up to 55 glasses of wine! Simply add Drop It to a glass or bottle of ANY type of wine: red wine, white wine, rose wine and sparkling wine/champagne.
- A Social Solution, Enjoy Wine Anywhere – Unlike using wands or messy wine filters, Drop It is portable, discreet and easily fits in your purse or pocket. Avoid unwanted attention at restaurants, bars and wineries -- savor your glass of wine without questions! Drop It is the original drop for wine. The makers of Drop It remind consumers to always drink responsibly.
- Easy to Use – Gently shake the discreet 10ml bottle, add drops to your favorite glass or bottle of sauvignon blanc wine, pinot grigio wine, cabernet sauvignon wine or boxed wine and swirl. In JUST 20 seconds, it's ready to enjoy. Will not alter the taste of wine when used as directed.
- PERFECT FOR ALL WINES Achieving the ideal serving temperature for every wine is possible with this set of stemless wine glasses. Each wine tumbler maintains wine’s temperature better than a normal wine glass
- INSULATED WALLS filled with proprietary cooling gel work as a wine chiller when frozen. Pop a tumbler in the freezer for white wines or cool in the fridge to keep red wines at cellar temp
- BPA-FREE PLASTIC construction is sturdy and perfectly suited for outdoor use, An insulated silicone band makes for comfortable handling and ensures that this stemless wine glass set will be your favorite new wine accessories. Hand wash only.
- SERVE YOUR WINE AT THE RIGHT TEMPERATURE Generally, white wines should be served cold at 43 to 53 degrees Fahrenheit, and red should be served at just cooler than room temp, around 58 to 60 degrees
- INNOVATIVE WINE GIFTS FOR WOMEN These wine FREEZE glasses are perfect for any occasion or group event and make a great gift for wine lovers or mom on Mother’s Day
- NO MORE WARM BEER. KEEP YOUR BREWS ICE COLD - Keep beer cold longer! Enjoy your favorite pilsner, IPA, stout, cider and more in this chilled beer pint. If it would be good out of a frosty mug, it's even better out of a Host Freeze Cooling Pint Glass
- THE MAGIC IS IN THE GEL - The insulated plastic walls of this beer glass are filled with proprietary cooling gel. This works as a beer chiller when frozen. Freeze for two hours to chill the tumbler gel and keep your drinks at ideal temperature
- COMFORT-GRIP SILICONE BAND FOR EASY SIPPING - The BPA-free plastic construction creates a sturdy beer glass that is great for all uses. An insulated silicone band on the base makes for comfortable handling, perfect for the outdoors! Hand wash only
- ENJOY FUN IN THE SUN WITH COLD BEER ON HOT SUMMER DAYS - Plastic construction with no-sweat silicone grips make this the best outdoor beer glass. Use at summer backyard barbecues, tailgates, and anywhere you need to keep beer ice cold on hot summer days
- INNOVATIVE GIFT FOR THE CRAFT BEER LOVER WHO HAS EVERYTHING - This insulated freezer beer glass is the perfect gift for dad on Father's Day, but suitable for men & women at any holiday. Anyone who enjoys functional accessories will love this beer glass
- 16oz Pint Glass with New Titleist Golf Ball Embedded.
- High quality, heavy glass holds a true 16oz pour (minus a few drops because of the golf ball). 100% safe to use to drink. Freezer safe.
- 100% Made in the USA - Each pint glass is hand-sculpted in our glass workshop in Wisconsin to create a unique drinking masterpiece.
- Genuine product designed and handmade by BenShot in Appleton, WI. Our design is registered with the patent and trademark office.
- Tee up your favorite beverage with this one-of-a-kind beer glass from the father and son team at BenShot. We're a family run team of artisan glassmakers based in Wisconsin. Search Google for "BenShot Reviews" to see our reviews and learn more about how we give back to our community.
- Brighten up your home with this cute and funny flour-sack dish towel! Laughing burns calories, so use these punny towels for giggle filled dish drying, as a charming hand towel for your bathroom, or as a cute gift to a friend!
- All of our dish towels are 100% cotton flour sack towels. They are screen printed with Moonlight Makers original designs using non-toxic ink.
- Unfolded size: 28""x28"". Super absorbent after a few washes.
- Our products are all handmade in our downtown Asheville, NC Studio/ Gift Market.
- Average time between placing your order and us shipping it out: 1 business day!
- Handmade in Pennsylvania
- Made using broken glass reclaimed from the environment
- Includes "The Story of the Glass"
- Removes broken glass hazard from the environment and wildlife
- Made using reclaimed broken glass
- Glass reclaimed from the wooded habitats
- Each piece includes "The Story of the Glass"
VT Lodging | VT Maps |
New England Living Magazine