The Burlington Free Press
VT Daily Newspaper – Local News, Obituaries, Classified Ads
The Burlington Free Press is a part of the Gannett Company. Burlington Free Press originally began as the Free Press Weekly, publishing its first issue in 1827. The newspaper became an evening daily in 1848, and but did not begin publishing a Sunday newspaper until 1965. With the purchase of the Burlington Times in 1868 the Free Press Association was founded. In 1961 a new corporation, Free Press Association, Inc. was organized by high-positioned Free Press personnel who purchased it from 50 stockholders. The Free Press changed hands in 1971 after merging with the Public Opinion and becoming a part of the Gannett Company – which still owns and operates the newspaper today.
Burlington Free Press: Vermont Newspapers
Save 50% or more on local newspaper home delivery
The Burlington Free Press
VERMONT BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FROM THE BURLINGTON FREE PRESS
As a public service, Vermont Living shares the latest Vermont Business News Headlines – courtesy of the Burlington Free Press.
- 4 August 2022: Is building better than buying in Vermont's tight housing market? - GANNETT Syndication Service
Frustrated by the housing market, Vermonters are trying to build their own homes in high numbers — but that path comes with its own challenges.
- 25 July 2022: Developer: Here's the latest plan for remains of Burlington mall, former L.L. Bean site - GANNETT Syndication Service
The developer who controls what's left of the mall and former L.L. Bean building is planning a hotel, retail and apartments.
- 21 July 2022: 'A huge growth spurt': Mamava rebounds from pandemic slowdown with plans to hire - GANNETT Syndication Service
Mamava's new CEO says his experience working on women-focused publications helped make him a good fit for the lactation pod company.
- 14 July 2022: UVM hospitals in 'deteriorating' financial position, want more money. Here's why. - GANNETT Syndication Service
The UVM Health Network is asking for more money from the insurance companies to help cover projected shortfalls. Here's what it could mean for you.
- 6 July 2022: New Vermont-based bank launching this summer: Here's who's behind it. - GANNETT Syndication Service
More than 100 investors have contributed to the launch of the Bank of Burlington.
- 1 July 2022: Vermont's overlooked careers: dental assistants and hygienists - GANNETT Syndication Service
Dental hygienists and assistants are in demand in Vermont and command good salaries, especially hygienists, who can make up to $60 per hour.