The Burlington Free Press
VT Daily Newspaper – Local News, Obituaries, Classified Ads
The Burlington Free Press is a part of the Gannett Company. Burlington Free Press originally began as the Free Press Weekly, publishing its first issue in 1827. The newspaper became an evening daily in 1848, and but did not begin publishing a Sunday newspaper until 1965. With the purchase of the Burlington Times in 1868 the Free Press Association was founded. In 1961 a new corporation, Free Press Association, Inc. was organized by high-positioned Free Press personnel who purchased it from 50 stockholders. The Free Press changed hands in 1971 after merging with the Public Opinion and becoming a part of the Gannett Company – which still owns and operates the newspaper today.
Burlington Free Press: Vermont Newspapers
Save 50% or more on local newspaper home delivery
The Burlington Free Press
VERMONT BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FROM THE BURLINGTON FREE PRESS
As a public service, Vermont Living shares the latest Vermont Business News Headlines – courtesy of the Burlington Free Press.
- 3 August 2021: L.L Bean will leave Burlington downtown mall for Williston - GANNETT Syndication Service
Burlington CityPlace developer Don Sinex said the departure of the store clears the way for future plans.
- 2 August 2021: Vermonters struggling to pay natural gas bills can get up to $10,000 in help - GANNETT Syndication Service
VGS has launched a new assistance program offering grants of up to $10,000 for residential customers and up to $50,000 for business customers.
- 2 August 2021: New Essex factory will create value from hard-to-recycle glass - GANNETT Syndication Service
Puffed into a lightweight foam, recycled glass at the Glavel plant will be made into a building material that insulates, drains well and is fireproof.
- 2 August 2021: Early look: Essex recycled glass factory, in process - GANNETT Syndication Service
A look inside Glavel's new foam-glass plant in Essex — before the furnaces move in.
- 30 July 2021: Green Mountain Power is going electric next year, with two of its trucks - GANNETT Syndication Service
Green Mountain Power will replace two of its gas-burning trucks with two all-electric trucks including a fully outfitted bucket truck for line crews.
- 29 July 2021: Ben & Jerry's Israel stance, and the activist tradition of Vermont businesses and colleges - GANNETT Syndication Service
Vermont businesses and colleges have spoken out on controversial topics, from Ben & Jerry's to Seventh Generation, Burton and Vermont Creamery.