The Burlington Free Press
VT Daily Newspaper – Local News, Obituaries, Classified Ads
The Burlington Free Press is a part of the Gannett Company. Burlington Free Press originally began as the Free Press Weekly, publishing its first issue in 1827. The newspaper became an evening daily in 1848, and but did not begin publishing a Sunday newspaper until 1965. With the purchase of the Burlington Times in 1868 the Free Press Association was founded. In 1961 a new corporation, Free Press Association, Inc. was organized by high-positioned Free Press personnel who purchased it from 50 stockholders. The Free Press changed hands in 1971 after merging with the Public Opinion and becoming a part of the Gannett Company – which still owns and operates the newspaper today.
Burlington Free Press: Vermont Newspapers
Save 50% or more on local newspaper home delivery
The Burlington Free Press
VERMONT BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FROM THE BURLINGTON FREE PRESS
As a public service, Vermont Living shares the latest Vermont Business News Headlines – courtesy of the Burlington Free Press.
- 17 June 2021: Barn-raising, second time around, in Essex - GANNETT Syndication Service
A three-man crew from Vermont Walkways & Stone reassembles a late-1700s barn at the Essex Experience.
- 17 June 2021: The former Good Stuff shop in Essex Junction will be demolished and replaced by apartments - GANNETT Syndication Service
Plans are in place to demolish a former Good Stuff store in Essex Junction and replace it with a four-story apartment building.
- 17 June 2021: Three buildings to vanish from Pearl Street, Essex Junction - GANNETT Syndication Service
An empty store, a barn-size storage building and a duplex occupy a site that within a year will house a four-story, 67-unit apartment building.
- 17 June 2021: 'I'll do anything to save Vermont barns': Essex Experience's new building is centuries old - GANNETT Syndication Service
A late-1700s barn from Charlotte is being reassembled and repurposed in Essex, as a bandstand — and a landmark.
- 15 June 2021: Share Burlington International Airport? Thanks but no thanks, Burlington officials say - GANNETT Syndication Service
Queen City officials have rejected neighboring municipalities' calls for regional control of Burlington International Airport.
- 15 June 2021: Is CityPlace doomed by lawsuits? Here's how a neighboring developer could kill the project - GANNETT Syndication Service
The latest legal actions the development in downtown Burlington threaten to scuttle the project, says CityPlace developer Don Sinex.