The Burlington Free Press
VT Daily Newspaper – Local News, Obituaries, Classified Ads
The Burlington Free Press is a part of the Gannett Company. Burlington Free Press originally began as the Free Press Weekly, publishing its first issue in 1827. The newspaper became an evening daily in 1848, and but did not begin publishing a Sunday newspaper until 1965. With the purchase of the Burlington Times in 1868 the Free Press Association was founded. In 1961 a new corporation, Free Press Association, Inc. was organized by high-positioned Free Press personnel who purchased it from 50 stockholders. The Free Press changed hands in 1971 after merging with the Public Opinion and becoming a part of the Gannett Company – which still owns and operates the newspaper today.
Burlington Free Press: Vermont Newspapers
Save 50% or more on local newspaper home delivery
The Burlington Free Press
VERMONT BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FROM THE BURLINGTON FREE PRESS
As a public service, Vermont Living shares the latest Vermont Business News Headlines – courtesy of the Burlington Free Press.
- 18 January 2022: Vermont cybersecurity startup targets threat posed by open source software - GANNETT Syndication Service
SOOS, a cybersecurity startup founded by a former MyWebGrocer engineer, focuses on open source software as a looming threat to many companies.
- 16 January 2022: Vermont companies cope with a tight labor market brought on by the pandemic - GANNETT Syndication Service
The pandemic has tightened the labor market as people leave their jobs in droves, but some Vermont companies continue to hire everyone they need.
- 7 January 2022: Vermont struggles to recover jobs from 'brief but sharp' economic downturn - GANNETT Syndication Service
A state financial report says Vermont is recovering jobs lost to the pandemic at a slower rate than the national average.
- 6 January 2022: Protests and allegations at Frog Hollow gallery: Here's what we know - GANNETT Syndication Service
Three named employees have come forward with stories of their time at Frog Hollow.
- 6 January 2022: Vermont housing prices will continue to rise through 2023 says state financial report - GANNETT Syndication Service
The state of Vermont Annual Comprehensive Financial Report for fiscal year 2021 predicts a "surge" in housing prices in 2022.
- 5 January 2022: 'Green' burials set to begin in Vermont's first forest cemetery. What you want to know - GANNETT Syndication Service
After six years of advocating for casket-free burials, Michelle Acciavatti is on track to open Vermont's first conservation cemetery.