The Burlington Free Press
VT Daily Newspaper – Local News, Obituaries, Classified Ads
The Burlington Free Press is a part of the Gannett Company. Burlington Free Press originally began as the Free Press Weekly, publishing its first issue in 1827. The newspaper became an evening daily in 1848, and but did not begin publishing a Sunday newspaper until 1965. With the purchase of the Burlington Times in 1868 the Free Press Association was founded. In 1961 a new corporation, Free Press Association, Inc. was organized by high-positioned Free Press personnel who purchased it from 50 stockholders. The Free Press changed hands in 1971 after merging with the Public Opinion and becoming a part of the Gannett Company – which still owns and operates the newspaper today.
Burlington Free Press: Vermont Newspapers
Save 50% or more on local newspaper home delivery
The Burlington Free Press
VERMONT BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FROM THE BURLINGTON FREE PRESS
As a public service, Vermont Living shares the latest Vermont Business News Headlines – courtesy of the Burlington Free Press.
- 28 August 2023: How much can you save on energy costs? A new report from Efficiency Vermont tells you. - GANNETT Syndication Service
Efficiency Vermont's 2023 Energy Burden Report lays out how much Vermonters spend on energy and details ways they can save on energy costs.
- 25 August 2023: Burlington startup takes on Amazon with an online marketplace for local businesses - GANNETT Syndication Service
Myti, a startup located on Burlington's Hula campus, is challenging Amazon with an online marketplace for local businesses and local delivery.
- 16 August 2023: Very few Vermonters have insurance to help pay for losses from catastrophic flooding - GANNETT Syndication Service
The catastrophic flooding in July caused millions of dollars in damage to Vermont homes, yet less than 2% of homeowners are covered for flooding.
- 15 August 2023: Vermont farmers suffer millions of dollars in losses, and counting, from July floods - GANNETT Syndication Service
The Vermont Agency of Agriculture has an ongoing survey that has shown more than $12 million in damages inflicted so far on farmers by July flooding.
- 14 August 2023: 'Fool's errand for most': Why Vermont hemp farmers label state program 'complete failure' - GANNETT Syndication Service
Vermont hailed hemp as a viable alternative crop for dairy farmers but then bailed out of its program to help them when the price of hemp collapsed.
- 7 June 2023: The wait list for home battery backup stretches into 2025. GMP wants to shorten the wait. - GANNETT Syndication Service
Green Mountain Power wants to lift the cap on a home backup battery storage program it launched in 2017. Today the wait list stretches into 2025.