Rainbow Trout Salmon Run – Northern VT Spring Fishing
Willoughby River Trout & Landlocked Salmon Jumpstart Vermont Fishing Season
The annual Vermont “Rainbow Run” is a seasonal “rite of spring”. The giant rainbow trout travel the cool waters to spawn and fishermen line the shore of the Willoughby River. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime experience worth seeing for yourself. Ask us about Vermont Fishing or share comments. To feature your business, contact us.
Vermont Spring Fishing
It’s an annual fishing event that has been going on for centuries and probably longer. The Rainbow Trout and Salmon fight their way upstream, jumping the rapids of the Willoughby River to arrive at their destination – the deep cold waters of Lake Willoughby. This is called the Rainbow Run. Fishermen come from miles around to line the shores and wade in the waters of the Willoughby River in hopes of landing a hungry Rainbow Trout or Landlocked Salmon. The fish battle the currents to make their way upstream to Lake Willoughby. This amazing natural event happens every spring and lasts from a few days to a few weeks.
- Information about the species of fish usually found in Vermont waters
- Vermont Fishing Rules and Regulations
- Vermont Fish & Wildlife Fishing & Hunting License Fees
- Vermont Record Fish
Fishing Rod and Reel Sale
- Full Metal Body and sideplate
- CNC Gear technology
- HT-100 carbon fiber drag washers
- 5 plus 1 sealed stainless steel ball bearing system
- Line Capacity Rings
- 10 bearing system: Corrosion resistant stainless steel ball bearings
- Graphite body and rotor: Lightweight graphite reel construction. Braid ready spool - Allows Braid to be tied directly to spool
- HT 100 carbon fiber drag system provides powerful drag without sacrificing smoothness
- The “B” at the end of the model number represents the type of packaging (B= Claim, X= Box) and does not affect any of the specifications of the product
- X1 fishing pliers is aluminum handle and stainless steel jaws and other parts construction. It can open split ring remove hooks and cutting braided line
- [Aluminum Handle Inset Spring] Using aluminum handle is more lightweight and support inset the braided line cutters. The pliers can automatically open when there loaded spring
- [Feature Fishing Jaws] The stainless steel jaws added a small hook at the top for opening the stubborn split rings it can help you repair your lure. There also with a split lead and single-barrel crimping position
- [Super Braided Line Cutters] Unlike the previous pliers, Aluminum fishing pliers can cutting braided line and mono line for inset braided cutters. You just line up the pliers you can get smooth and clean cut
- [Secure your Pliers, No Lost Again] We plus a steel wire coiled lanyard and nylon holster to always keep this handy tool within easy reach and security. You can wear on you belt or you fishing bag, keep you hands free
- BULLET PROOF - The hot Rover reel just became hotter. The KastKing Rover round baitcasting reel has been reinforced with thicker hard anodized aluminum side plates, CNC machined spool, precision cut brass gears, all alloy flawless level wind, industry-first stainless steel worm gear, patented metal idle gear, stainless steel shaft and other components for superior durability and corrosion protection.
- MORE POWERFUL - You will love the stronger, more powerful KastKing Rover round baitcasting reel with a superior carbon fiber drag system. With its newly designed “Cymbal Washer” System, KastKing Rover now offers up to 30LB of smooth drag.
- SUPER SMOOTH - KastKing Rover reels have premium MaxiDur double shielded stainless steel ball bearings (6 + 1 BBs on Size 40-60, 4 + 1 BBs on 70 - 90) for smooth operation.
- VERSATILE - KastKing Rover is a perfect conventional reel for trolling, bottom fishing, and other techniques used in freshwater and saltwater (Size 40 – 60 with 2-pin centrifugal brake that is good for casting). The oversized nonslip EVA grips, line out clicker alarm, easy access thumb bar spool release (40-60 sizes) and the classic look are everything you would expect of a round baitcasting fishing reel.
- FISH INTO THE FUTURE - KastKing Rover conventional reels are built with functionality, quality, and are built to last. KastKing Rover Series deliver fantastic design, power, and performance at an affordable price. Anglers who want an affordable, dependable levelwind round baitcasting reel to add to their trolling reel fishing tackle will appreciate the low price and high quality of a KastKing Rover.
- PENN FIERCE III LE 7’ FISHING ROD AND REEL SPINNING COMBO: Power and performance to win combat with the toughest fish. Split WINN/EVA handle is made for right and left handed anglers.
- SUPERIOR CONSTRUCTION: 1-piece, Graphite Composite rod offers a durable and break-resistant yet lightweight tool for any angler. One-piece PENN Dura-Guides provide a durable, stamped solution for the heat and tension of stressed lines.
- RECOVERY RATE: Recovers at the rate of 33” | 84cm with every turn of the crank. Gear ratio of 6.2:1. Techno-balanced rotor provides smooth line retrieval.
- HT-100 FRONT DRAG: Max drag: 12lb | 5.4kg. Mono capacity yd/lb: 255/6 175/8 140/10. Braid capacity yd/lb: 240/10 220/15 160/20.
- 6-12 LB LINE RATING, MEDIUM LIGHT POWER, EXTRA FAST ACTION, LURE RATING OF 1/16-5/8. 4+1 stainless steel ball bearing system with instant anti-reverse feature provides smooth operation for any fishing experience.
Champlain Valley VT Fishing
Burlington, Middlebury, St. Albans, the Islands of NW Vermont
North Central VT Fishing
Montpelier, Barre, Randolph, Waterbury, Stowe, Mad River Valley
Northeast Kingdom VT Fishing
St. Johnsbury, Newport, Barton, Lyndonville, Burke, Jay, Island Pond
South Central VT Fishing
Rutland, White River Jct., Woodstock, Quechee, Brandon, Killington, Ludlow, Weston, Chester
Southern VT Fishing
Bennington, Brattleboro, Manchester, Arlington, Newfane, Mt. Snow area