Vermont Flu Season
Avoiding the Influenza Virus – Flu IQ Test – Flu Symptoms & Vaccine Information
Flu Season is upon us. How much do you think you know about the causes, cures, and ways to avoid the flu? take the Flu IQ Test and find out. The US Government wants you to know more about the illness known as “the Flu” or illnesses caused by a wide range of different influenza viruses. Flu effects can range from mild to deadly. Most people get the flu at least once in their lifetime most recover from the flu without permanent damage or problems. Ask us about Flu Season or share comments.
Vermont FLu Season – Health Care Providers
Vermont Flu Season
The US Centers for Disease Control works with states to monitor influenza outbreaks in the country. Annual outbreaks of the seasonal flu usually occur during late fall through early spring. Most people have natural immunity. A flu pandemic happens when a new influenza A virus strain appears. Flu-related deaths average 23,600 per year in the United States. Each year 5 to 20 percent of the population gets the seasonal flu.
Avoiding the FLU
Getting vaccinated is the best protection. If you contract the flu see your doctor. Antiviral medications can make your illness milder and shorter in duration.
General Health Tips
- – Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you sneeze or cough
- – Wash your hands often – Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth (an easy way to spread germs)
- – Avoid close contact with sick people
- – Stay home at least 24 hours after you no longer have a fever (without Tylenol or other medication)
- – If you are sick limit your contact with others
Symptoms caused by the influenza viruses may include fever, coughing, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, headache, body pains, chills, and fatigue, or lack of energy.
Take The FLU IQ Test
The US Center for Disease Control has put together a clever 10-question online test for you. Take the FLU IQ and have a healthy season. Special thanks to the US Department of Health and Human Services.
The Vermont Department of Health is part of the Agency of Human Services, they may be reached by telephone at 802-863-7200.
FLU AND COLD MEDICATIONS
- Main Stone Name:- Tanzanite Quartz, Secondary Stone Name:- Blue Topaz, Metal Purity:- 925 Parts Per 1000, Main Stone Color :- Multi Color, Style:- Drop/Dangle
- Benefits Of Tanzanite Quartz Gemstone:- It helps in segregating emotions within your body, It has some unusual physical healing energies, It balances all the energies existing within your body, It helps in making your meditational practices successful, It improves your intuition levels.
- Blue Topaz helps in improving communication and self expression of people. So it is recommended for those who are weak in articulating their thoughts.Blue is a very calming color and is also the color for throat chakra .It helps in providing inner peace, mental stability and balances the Thyroid gland etc.
- Material:- Gemstone, Length (inches):- 2.1"
- this gemstone dangling earring comes with 925 sterling silver which has many health benefits which include prevention of cold and flu, wound healing, and skincare. Also, it contributes greatly to the heating and blood circulation of the person’s entire body. These health advantages of sterling silver have been used in many cultures for a long time.
- Multi Use Coverage: Use As A Neck Gaiter, Protective Face Cover, Hair Covering, Headband, And More, This Gaiter Offers Wet And Dry Protection From The Sun, Dust, Wind, And More.
- Upf 50+ Uv Protection: The Maximum Sun-Protection Properties Are Permanent And Are Enhanced When Washed. The Skin Cancer Foundation Recommends This Fabric As An Effective Uv Protectant On Covered Areas.
- Optimal Fabric And Fit: Constructed Of Soft And Comfortable Machine-Washable 100% Microfiber That Doesn’T Cling Or Stretch Out With Wear. It Measures 9.5” X 18”, Making It Suitable For Adult Usage And Older Kids.
- Climate Control: Pure-Tech Cool Wicking Technology Easily Adapts To Hot Or Cold Weather, Releasing Heat When It’S Warm, While Also Pulling Moisture Away. It Dries Quickly After The Wash Or While In Use.
- Durable And Odor Fighting: The Zinc-Based Technology Fights Odor And Is No Match For Sweat And Other Unpleasant Smells. It Remains Fresh Until The Next Wash.
- Simple and easy to use interface.
- Information adapted from CDC as well as trusted resources
- Sections include common hospital infections to Human pathogens
- Detailed explanation about isolation precaution types: standard, contact, droplet, and airborne
- Illustration on how to wear and take off proper protection equipments
- Current CDC's guidelines for Ebola and how to wear and remove proper protection equipment.
- This application incorporates guidelines from the 2007 "Guidelines for Isolation Precautions: preventing transmission of infectious agents in healthcare settings" The materials in this application are used with permission from center of disease control (CDC). Additional information was obtained from Todar's Online Textbook of Bacteriology.
- Real-Time video chat with UK GP
- See a UK doctor online in just 6 minutes via video chat
- Appointments from 7am - 10pm, 7 days a week
- Open weekends and bank holidays
- Prescriptions, referral letters and sick notes available
- All-inclusive subscription service available for just £20/month
- Compatible with any smartphone, tablet or computer
- Discuss any illness or health goal at your own pace