Vermont Snowshoe Trails & Vacation Lodging
Snowshoeing has been prevalent in Vermont’s Green Mountains for over two centuries and was once relied upon as a means of travel during winter. Now, snowshoeing is a fun winter sport, and an outstanding way for non-skiers to enjoy Vermont’s snowy winters. Vermont has outstanding snowshoeing destinations and snowshoe tour operators. Follow the links below for more information. Ask us about VT Snowshoe vacations, share snowshoeing comments. To feature your VT business, contact us.
Vermont Snowshoeing Vacations
Smugglers’ Notch Vermont, America’s Family Resort
SMUGGLERS' NOTCH RESORT. At America's Family Resort, experience Mountain Resort Village living, award-winning children's programs, family activities, 3 big mountains of skiing and snowboarding, plus entertainment, dining, shopping, year-round Zipline Canopy Tours & more. Family Fun Guaranteed – Winter, Summer & Fall.
Visit Smugglers' Notch Vermont Website
The Wildflower Inn, 2059 Darling Hill Road, Lyndonville, VT 05851 | 802-626-8310
Trailside Lodging in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont. Your next great adventure awaits at The Wildflower. A four-season destination property for the best in outdoor recreation and Vermont experiences. With our 25-room Inn, full-service restaurant, pub, Village Sport bike shop (with rentals) and KCE guide company right on the property, you will have everything you need to make the most of your Vermont visit.
Visit The Wildflower Inn - Lyndonville, VT
With the invention of the snowmobile, snowshoeing became less common, being looked upon more as an activity one would do only out of sheer necessity. That is, until the concept of snowshoeing changed, making it a ‘sport’ rather than a means of transportation. Snowshoeing races are now an annual event in Killington and other Vermont vacation resorts. A leisurely walk through the woods on a pair of snowshoes can be an exhilarating experience, and something the entire family can enjoy.
Enjoyed by visitors of all ages, Vermont snowshoeing venues are as varied as the terrain they traverse. From easy to moderate treks over meadows and mountains, to Burlington’s 300-mile Catamount Trail, Vermont offers snowshoeing terrain for all ages and skill levels.
Many of Vermont’s mountains have easily accessible peaks affording panoramic views of snow-covered New England countryside – even as far as Canada’s distant mountains.
- ❄【STRONG MATERIAL】- G2 snowshoes used high quality & lightweight HDPE as its deck to provide a nice floatage in snowfield so that users can save their energy and go further.
- ❄【PROFESSIONALLY DESIGNED】-Fast ratchet binding is designed for low-temperature environment. It can be fastened easily by lift the one-pull buckle with just one-finger even when your hands are frozen.
- ❄【IMPROVED CRAMPONS】- This sharp crampons is made of high quality aluminum, which gives an excellent grip in snowfield or ice, keep you from dangerous.
- ❄【MORE COMFORTABLE】- We padded soft EVA foam inside of snowshoes to provide a warm and comfortable feeling, protect your feet during cold winter.
- ❄【SPECIAL STRUCTURE】- Flex pivot bar and heel lift makes users feel more natural no matter in flat or uphill, enable your to enjoy your winter hiking more.
- Sizes & Weight Capacity: 14 Inches:30 - 70 lbs / 14 - 31 kg; 21 Inches: 70 - 150 lbs / 31 - 70 kg; 25 Inches : 120 - 180 lbs / 55 - 82 kg ; 27 Inches:160 - 235 lbs / 73 - 107 kg; 30 Inches:180 - 250 lbs / 81 - 114 kg
- DESIGN: Ergonomic and streamlined design and a slightly upturned rounded tail, the snowshoes ensure a comfortable and easy walk for your hiking and climbing. Meet max floatation and fast movement in heavy snow condition
- Functional Use: a strong metal frame provides a stable platform while the high quality PE decking creates max flotation; heel straps with quick release buckles keep your feet in place; all terrain forged aluminum alloy crampons for aggressive traction
- Fully Adjustable : double ratcheting bindings easily adjust to most footwear and enable a secure fit for maximum efficiency during outdoor treks; one-buckle tightening mechanism coupled with an TPE heel strap provides efficient support
- Package Included: a pair of snowshoes + a pair of Snowshoeing Poles + a Carrying bag
- ❄️【Ergonomic Design for Easy Walking】Our snowshoes are ergonomically designed while ensuring aesthetics. Streamlined design and raised toe caps greatly reduce the resistance of moving forward. And the heel lift bar flips up to increase uphill efficiency, provide help on steep ascents, and reduce fatigue.
- ❄️【Premium & Strong Material】This premium snow shoes are made of aluminum-alloy, which is sturdy enough and can withstand 150 to 275 lbs of weight. In addition, the panel is made of HDPE plastic that is low temperature resistant. Therefore, our snow shoes are very durable and not easy to be broken.
- ❄️【Convenient to Carry & Wear】 There is a carrying bag for you to put the snow shoes, trekking poles,Leg Gaiters and snow supports in our carrying bag when you need to go out. Besides, our snowshoes are very easy to wear, and you just need to tighten the straps to keep your feet secured.
- ❄️【Fully Adjustable】Its double ratcheting bindings fit a wide variety of winter boot styles and sizes, requiring a quick tug of webbing straps and heel adjustment. What's more, the heel strap and aluminum teeth of crampons provide increased traction and comfort on packed snow and moderate terrains that are great for enjoying winter hiking through trails and forest.
- ❄️【Gift for Outdoor Activity Enthusiasts】 Our snow shoes are useful outdoor equipment. When there is a lot of snow on the road, outdoor activities enthusiasts can wear the snow shoes to go on their snow trekking or adventure, because the snow shoes can avoid sliding or get struck into the snow.
- High Quality & Lightweight Material: Our snowshoes are made of light weight 6000 Series aircraft aluminum frame and strong HDPE decking to create a durable and abrasion-resistant deck, which will not crack easily under extreme cold winter.
- Size & Weight Capacity: 21 inches snow shoes optimized weight range is 70-150lbs/31-70kg, 25 inches snow shoes optimized weight range is 120-200lbs/55-82kg, 30 inches snow shoes optimized weight range is 180-250lbs/82-114kg, 3 selectable sizes suits for men, women, youth and kids.
- Comfortable Design: Ergonomic and streamlined design and a slightly upturned rounded tail to reduces the resistance of walking and meet max floatation and fast movement in snowfield, ensuring a comfortable and easy walk for your hiking and climbing.
- Upgrade Function: Fast pull binding system make it easy to put on and take off your winter boots. When adventuring in winter, TPE heel strap provides extra efficient support. Rear steel crampons system offers strong traction and grip on snow.
- Adjustable Trekking Poles: 3 section anti-shock poles allows you to easily extend the poles from 26" (66cm) to 53" (135cm), which perfectly fits for adults and kids. Tungsten tips are designed to firmly keep the walking poles in place and prevent them from sliding down, offering you the ultimate stability in snow. Package includes one pair of snowshoes, one pair of extendable trekking poles and a snowshoes tote bag, easy to carry and storage. Ideal Christmas gifts for your family or friends.
- ⛄【Premium & Strong Material】This premium snow shoes are made of aluminum-alloy, which is sturdy enough and can withstand 150 to 275 lbs of weight. In addition, the panel is made of HDPE plastic that is low temperature resistant. Therefore, our snow shoes are very durable and not easy to be broken.
- ⛄【Convenient to Carry & Wear】 There is a carrying bag for you to put the snow shoes, trekking poles and snow supports in our carrying bag when you need to go out. Besides, our snowshoes are very easy to wear, and you just need to tighten the straps to keep your feet secured.
- ⛄【 Ergonomic Design for Easy Walking】The upturned round tail design of snow shoes can effectively prevent snow shoes from being inserted into the snow during walking, ensuring user’s safety. In addition, the aluminum alloy claws help the users move forward easily in the deep and wet snow.
- ⛄【Fully Adjustable】Its double ratcheting bindings fit a wide variety of winter boot styles and sizes, requiring a quick tug of webbing straps and heel adjustment. What's more, the heel strap and aluminum teeth of crampons provide increased traction and comfort on packed snow and moderate terrains that are great for enjoying winter hiking through trails and forest.
- ⛄【Gift for Outdoor Activity Enthusiasts】 Our snow shoes are useful outdoor equipment. When there is a lot of snow on the road, outdoor activities enthusiasts can wear the snow shoes to go on their snow trekking or adventure, because the snow shoes can avoid sliding or get struck into the snow.
- Explorer Plus Snow Trail Kit is perfect for snowshoe beginner adults and includes: 1 pair aluminum twist-lock trekking poles; 1 pair trekking pole snow baskets; 1 pair trekking pole rubber tips; 1 Cordura travel bag featuring Air Dry Mesh
- Strong 6063 aluminum frame is lightweight and durable for all snowshoeing conditions; Anodized frame for everlasting wear and finish; Dual Ratchet bindings are constructed with stainless steel springs to give you a secure fit for years
- Explorer Flex decking provides durability through the coldest weather conditions; Articulating Toe Band makes movement of bindings and crampons fluid; Front and rear cleat crampons for secure grip on deep snow, ice, rocks, wood, and other terrains
- Explorer Plus snowshoes allow you to stay afloat while walking through snow-filled trails and valleys; Getting in and out of these snowshoes is super easy, give the bindings a firm snug, secure strap on the strap hooks, and you’re ready to go
- Adult Sizes Available Explorer Plus Trail Kit: 19 - 8" x 19" up to 120 pounds; 21 - 8" x 21" up to 150 pounds; 25 - 9" x 25" up to 200 pounds; 30 - 9" x 30" up to 250 pounds; 36 - 10" x 36" up to 300 pounds
- ⛄🎁The Ultimate Snowshoes For Women and Men: Odoland snowshoes made of lightweight high quality materials to guarantee ease of use and equipped with handy bag, this set is ideal for your snow shoes with poles adventures and outdoor activities. 21'' for 80-120lbs / 28-54kg, 25'' for 120-160lbs / 54-72kg, 30'' for 160-250lbs / 72-114kg.
- ⛄🎁Lightweight & Easy-to-Put Snowshoes: The women & men snow shoes made of lightweight and strong aluminum frame, the snowshoes feature an ergonomic design to ensure comfortable and easy walk.
- ⛄🎁Great Flotation & Hard Grip Sawtooth: Large flat surface area of aluminum frame, the shoes provides you with maximum flotation. Each shoe has two sets of reinforced, heavy duty saw tooth for strong traction on icy, hard surfaces.
- ⛄🎁Adjustable Treeking Poles: Easily changing the height of these telescoping poles from 25.5 to 54 inches is a breeze even when you're wearing gloves or trekking in wet conditions.
- ⛄🎁Waterproof Leg Gaiters: Made of pongee fabric, provides excellent water and tear & puncture resistance. The perfect Christmas gift, share Odoland snowshoes with families, friends, and freely explore the snowy natural world.
- 【SIZE & WEIGHT CAPACITY】: 21IN snow shoes optimized weight range is 80-150lbs,25IN snowshoes optimized weight range is 120-180lbs, 30IN snow shoes optimized weight range is 180-265lbs (Note: the load that including anything user’s carrying and snowshoeing equipment)
- 【DESIGN& EASY TO PUT SNOWSHOES】: the snowshoes feature an ergonomic design that ensure comfortable, smooth and flexible walking on the snow. New binding system with fully adjustable ratchet binding and auto-locking system heal strap that is incredibly secure and more comfortable than previous iterations. it’s easy to put on and take off your footwear when you wear glove outside. Tempered steel toe crampons and heavy saw tooth provide great traction and grips on ice.
- 【HEEL LIFT RISER】 : The unique system makes a dramatic difference when snowshoeing up hills or steeper terrain. They do this by changing the angle of your foot in relation to the snowshoes which makes going up hill feel more like natural stride they reduce cavity and increase traction by keeping your weight more evenly distributed.
- 【LIGHT WEIGHT MATERIAL】: snow shoes made of durable lightweight 6000 series aircraft aluminum frame, High-density polyethylene decking, DuPont pivot and heavy duty steel crampons.
- 【PACKING】: one pair snowshoe + one pair trekking pole with winter basket + one carrying tote bag
- SIZES & WEIGHT CAPACITY: 21 inches snowshoes optimized weight range: 65 - 155 lbs / 30 - 70 kg；25 inches snowshoes optimized weight range: 110 - 220 lbs / 50 - 100 kg; 30 inches snowshoes optimized weight range: 150 - 260 lbs / 70 - 120 kg. (Load refers to total weight of user plus anything they are carrying such as pack, equipment, etc.)
- DESIGN: Ergonomic and streamlined design and a slightly upturned rounded tail, the snowshoes ensure a comfortable and easy walk for your hiking and climbing. Meet max floatation and fast movement in heavy snow condition.
- FUNCTION: Fast pull binding system easy entry and fast-lock allow your winter boots put on and off quickly. It can fit a wide range of shoes size from 35-45 EUR.
- MATERIALS: Long lasting lightweight 6000 Series aircraft aluminum frame. DuPont pivot and environmental HDPE decking. Forged aluminum alloy crampons
- PACK: One pair of snowshoes + one pair of Trekking poles + one nylon carrying bag.
- Weighing 5.0 pounds, the 10x36-inch frame is built for users from 251 to 300 pounds. Unisex design for women and men
- Designed to deliver confidence and ease to any recreational snowshoer
- Features user-friendly designs like our Quick Click II Ratcheting binding and a Rapid-Lite Flex heel strap to get you in and out of the shoe in seconds
- HDPE (High-Density Polyethylene) material stiffens the snowshoe, for maximum power when snowshoeing through deep snow
- Built with beginners in mind, this snowshoe is a perfect option for anyone looking to add snowshoeing to their wintertime outdoor adventures
Before you head into the woods to snowshoe, visit Snowshoeing Tips.
New England Living Magazine