Vermont Snowshoe Trails & Vacation Lodging
Snowshoeing has been prevalent in Vermont’s Green Mountains for over two centuries and was once relied upon as a means of travel during winter. Now, snowshoeing is a fun winter sport, and an outstanding way for non-skiers to enjoy Vermont’s snowy winters. Vermont has outstanding snowshoeing destinations and snowshoe tour operators. Follow the links below for more information. Ask us about VT Snowshoe vacations, share snowshoeing comments. To feature your VT business, contact us.
Vermont Snowshoeing Vacations
Smugglers’ Notch Vermont, America’s Family Resort
SMUGGLERS' NOTCH RESORT. At America's Family Resort, experience Mountain Resort Village living, award-winning children's programs, family activities, 3 big mountains of skiing and snowboarding, plus entertainment, dining, shopping, year-round Zipline Canopy Tours & more. Family Fun Guaranteed – Winter, Summer & Fall.
Visit Smugglers' Notch Vermont Website
The Wildflower Inn, Darling Hill Road, Lyndonville, VT 05851
Snowshoeing at the Wildflower Inn “rewards us with a panorama of distant trees, …a thousand blinking diamonds on the surface of the snow… and rising mountains”. Boston Globe, January 2004. With on-site snowshoe rentals and an extensive network of trails, this family-friendly country resort on 570 acres is perfect for a snowshoeing getaway! Comfortable rooms and suites, mountain views, cozy sitting rooms with woodstoves, and a casual atmosphere. Onsite x-country skiing, sledding, skating, bonfires, petting barn, kids’ playroom, hot tub, and sauna. Burke Mountain skiiing, Kingdom Trails, just a few miles away for downhill skiing. Country breakfast included. Guided Snowshoe Walks are available.
The Inn at Long Trail, 709 Rt. 4, Sherburne Pass, Killington, VT 05751 | 802-775-7181
Enjoy the charm and hospitality of Killington's most historic inn and ski lodge, serving skiers, hikers, and people who love the Vermont mountains since 1938! Offering country bedrooms and fireplaced suites.
Visit Inn at Long Trail - Killington, VT
With the invention of the snowmobile, snowshoeing became less common, being looked upon more as an activity one would do only out of sheer necessity. That is, until the concept of snowshoeing changed, making it a ‘sport’ rather than a means of transportation. Snowshoeing races are now an annual event in Killington and other Vermont vacation resorts. A leisurely walk through the woods on a pair of snowshoes can be an exhilarating experience, and something the entire family can enjoy.
Enjoyed by visitors of all ages, Vermont snowshoeing venues are as varied as the terrain they traverse. From easy to moderate treks over meadows and mountains, to Burlington’s 300-mile Catamount Trail, Vermont offers snowshoeing terrain for all ages and skill levels.
Many of Vermont’s mountains have easily accessible peaks affording panoramic views of snow-covered New England countryside – even as far as Canada’s distant mountains.
- Fit: Works with all shoe sizes for kids up to 80 lbs.
- Bring the Kids: Make fun monster tracks in the snow while snowshoeing with your kids
- Easy To Use: Easy-on/easy-off adjustable binding
- Fewer Falls: Raised toes don't catch in the snow
- Safe: High traction bottom
- SIZES & WEIGHT CAPACITY: 21 inches snowshoes optimized weight range: 65 - 155 lbs / 30 - 70 kg；25 inches snowshoes optimized weight range: 110 - 220 lbs / 50 - 100 kg; 30 inches snowshoes optimized weight range: 150 - 260 lbs / 70 - 120 kg. (Load refers to total weight of user plus anything they are carrying such as pack, equipment, etc.)
- DESIGN: Ergonomic and streamlined design and a slightly upturned rounded tail, the snowshoes ensure a comfortable and easy walk for your hiking and climbing. Meet max floatation and fast movement in heavy snow condition.
- FUNCTION: Fast pull binding system easy entry and fast-lock allow your winter boots put on and off quickly. It can fit a wide range of shoes size from 35-45 EUR.
- MATERIALS: Long lasting lightweight 6000 Series aircraft aluminum frame. DuPont pivot and environmental HDPE decking. Forged aluminum alloy crampons
- PACK: One pair of snowshoes + one pair of Trekking poles + one nylon carrying bag.
- Frame and Decking: Fit-Step 2.0 Frame, Soft-Tec Decking
- Articulation: Rotating Toe Cord
- Control: CustomWrap 2.0 Binding
- Traction: Recreational Toe and Heel Crampons
- NEW AND IMPROVED - You spoke, we listened. Based on feedback from our 2018 model, we made adjustments to our Sawtooth Snowshoes; We reinforced the ratchet binding with heavy duty spring-loaded clips and added a new heal strap with an auto-locking system
- LIGHT WEIGHT MATERIALS - This snowshoe model is designed with a durable, aluminum frame that allows for optimal snow flotation performance in deep powder;Sawtooths are constructed with high-grade, weather tested materials because we know how important it is to hPACK GRIP TEETH - Snowshoeing requires traction; Each shoe has two sets of reinforced, heavy duty crampons that ensure traction on icy, hard surfaces; The pressure from your feet let the crampon act as an extreme ice pick for your boots
- HARD PACK GRIP TEETH - Snowshoeing requires traction; Each shoe has two sets of reinforced, heavy duty crampons that ensure traction on icy, hard surfaces; The pressure from your feet let the crampon act as an extreme ice pick for your boots!INCLINE HEEL LIFT RISER - This unique system provides traction and balance while climbing hills; The heel lift riser comes up under your heel to support you when you need it and lays flat when you don't
- STEEP INCLINE HEEL LIFT RISER - This unique system provides traction and balance while climbing hills; The heel lift riser comes up under your heel to support you when you need it and lays flat when you don't.SLIP FEATURES - The Sawtooth snow shoes have boot grip, no-slip textured pads and an excess heel strap clip. These systems cradle your foot to hold you in place and prevent sliding around while snow shoeing this winter
- ⛄【Premium & Strong Material】This premium snow shoes are made of aluminum-alloy, which is sturdy enough and can withstand 150 to 275 lbs of weight. In addition, the panel is made of HDPE plastic that is low temperature resistant. Therefore, our snow shoes are very durable and not easy to be broken.
- ⛄【Convenient to Carry & Wear】 There is a carrying bag for you to put the snow shoes, trekking poles and snow supports in our carrying bag when you need to go out. Besides, our snowshoes are very easy to wear, and you just need to tighten the straps to keep your feet secured.
- ⛄【 Ergonomic Design for Easy Walking】The upturned round tail design of snow shoes can effectively prevent snow shoes from being inserted into the snow during walking, ensuring user’s safety. In addition, the aluminum alloy claws help the users move forward easily in the deep and wet snow.
- ⛄【Fully Adjustable】Its double ratcheting bindings fit a wide variety of winter boot styles and sizes, requiring a quick tug of webbing straps and heel adjustment. What's more, the heel strap and aluminum teeth of crampons provide increased traction and comfort on packed snow and moderate terrains that are great for enjoying winter hiking through trails and forest.
- ⛄【Gift for Outdoor Activity Enthusiasts】 Our snow shoes are useful outdoor equipment. When there is a lot of snow on the road, outdoor activities enthusiasts can wear the snow shoes to go on their snow trekking or adventure, because the snow shoes can avoid sliding or get struck into the snow.
- STRONG MATERIAL:- G2 snowshoes used high quality & lightweight HDPE as its deck to provide a nice floatage in snowfield so that users can save their energy and go further.
- PROFESSIONALLY DESIGNED:-Fast ratchet binding is designed for low-temperature environment. It can be fastened easily by lift the one-pull buckle with just one-finger even when your hands are frozen.
- IMPROVED CRAMPONS:- This sharp crampons is made of high quality aluminum, which gives an excellent grip in snowfield or ice, keep you from dangerous.
- MORE COMFORTABLE:- We padded soft EVA foam inside of snowshoes to provide a make warm and comfortable feeling, protect your feet during cold winter.
- SPECIAL STRUCTURE:- Flex pivot bar and heel lift makes users feel more natural no matter in flat or uphill, enable your to enjoy your winter hiking more.
- ⛄🎁The Ultimate Snowshoes For Women and Men: Odoland snowshoes made of lightweight high quality materials to guarantee ease of use and equipped with handy bag, this set is ideal for your snow shoes with poles adventures and outdoor activities. 21'' for 60-120lbs / 28-54kg, 25'' for 120-160lbs / 54-72kg, 30'' for 160-250lbs / 72-114kg.
- ⛄🎁Lightweight & Easy-to-Put Snowshoes: The women & men snow shoes made of lightweight and strong aluminum frame, the snowshoes feature an ergonomic design to ensure comfortable and easy walk.
- ⛄🎁Great Flotation & Hard Grip Sawtooth: Large flat surface area of aluminum frame, the shoes provides you with maximum flotation. Each shoe has two sets of reinforced, heavy duty saw tooth for strong traction on icy, hard surfaces.
- ⛄🎁Adjustable Treeking Poles: Easily changing the height of these telescoping poles from 25.5 to 54 inches is a breeze even when you're wearing gloves or trekking in wet conditions.
- ⛄🎁Waterproof Leg Gaiters: Made of pongee fabric, provides excellent water and tear & puncture resistance. The perfect Christmas gift, share Odoland snowshoes with families, friends, and freely explore the snowy natural world.
- This 21 inches snowshoes optimizes weight range 70 - 150 lbs / 31 - 70 kg. Package Includes a pair of snowshoes, a pair of trekking poles and a carrying bag.
- Lightweight aluminum frame, environmental high density polyethylene decking, make sure the snow shoes are comfortable and durable.
- Ergonomic and streamlined design and a slightly upturned rounded tail, the snowshoes will meet max floatation and fast movement in heavy snow condition.
- Fast pull binding system allow you easy entry and fast-lock allow your winter boots put on and off quickly. TPE heel strap provides extra efficient support. Heel lifters increase traction and reduce fatigue while exploring steep terrain.
- Easily change the height of these trekking poles from 25.5 to 54 inches is a breeze even when you're wearing gloves or trekking in wet conditions.
- DIMENSIONS - L x W (24.5 in x 8 in) / Poles Folded: 26" Fully Extended: 53". Weight recommendation: Up to 260lbs
- LIGHTWEIGHT - Our design aims to create a lightweight, high quality snowshoe that will guarantee ease of use while taking on any snowshoeing adventure!
- DURABLE - We use a strong aluminum frame and plastics to make our snowshoe capable of taking a beating while snowshoeing in the backcountry!
- FUNCTIONALITY - This recreational snowshoe is made for everyday snowshoeing. It has heel bindings that makes it easier to climb hills and the aluminum teeth help to provide increased traction and grip to the snow.
- COMFORT - We found that the one feature that other snowshoes lacked was comfort. Since we take our snowshoes for long expeditions or short walks around the park, we made comfort a priority. The 2 ANTI-SHOCK poles included provide the ultimate snowshoeing experience!
Before you head into the woods to snowshoe, visit Snowshoeing Tips.
New England Living Magazine