Vermont Snowshoe Trails & Vacation Lodging
Snowshoeing has been prevalent in Vermont’s Green Mountains for over two centuries and was once relied upon as a means of travel during winter. Now, snowshoeing is a fun winter sport, and an outstanding way for non-skiers to enjoy Vermont’s snowy winters. Vermont has outstanding snowshoeing destinations and snowshoe tour operators. Follow the links below for more information. Ask us about VT Snowshoe vacations, share snowshoeing comments. To feature your VT business, contact us.
Vermont Snowshoeing Vacations
Smugglers’ Notch Vermont, America’s Family Resort
SMUGGLERS' NOTCH RESORT. At America's Family Resort, experience Mountain Resort Village living, award-winning children's programs, family activities, 3 big mountains of skiing and snowboarding, plus entertainment, dining, shopping, year-round Zipline Canopy Tours & more. Family Fun Guaranteed – Winter, Summer & Fall.
Visit Smugglers' Notch Vermont Website
The Wildflower Inn, 2059 Darling Hill Road, Lyndonville, VT 05851 | 802-626-8310
Trailside Lodging in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont. Your next great adventure awaits at The Wildflower. A four-season destination property for the best in outdoor recreation and Vermont experiences. With our 25-room Inn, full-service restaurant, pub, Village Sport bike shop (with rentals) and KCE guide company right on the property, you will have everything you need to make the most of your Vermont visit.
Visit The Wildflower Inn - Lyndonville, VT
With the invention of the snowmobile, snowshoeing became less common, being looked upon more as an activity one would do only out of sheer necessity. That is, until the concept of snowshoeing changed, making it a ‘sport’ rather than a means of transportation. Snowshoeing races are now an annual event in Killington and other Vermont vacation resorts. A leisurely walk through the woods on a pair of snowshoes can be an exhilarating experience, and something the entire family can enjoy.
Enjoyed by visitors of all ages, Vermont snowshoeing venues are as varied as the terrain they traverse. From easy to moderate treks over meadows and mountains, to Burlington’s 300-mile Catamount Trail, Vermont offers snowshoeing terrain for all ages and skill levels.
Many of Vermont’s mountains have easily accessible peaks affording panoramic views of snow-covered New England countryside – even as far as Canada’s distant mountains.
- DIMENSIONS - L x W (24.5 in x 8 in) / Poles Folded: 26" Fully Extended: 53". Weight recommendation: Up to 260lbs
- LIGHTWEIGHT - Our design aims to create a lightweight, high quality snowshoe that will guarantee ease of use while taking on any snowshoeing adventure!
- DURABLE - We use a strong aluminum frame and plastics to make our snowshoe capable of taking a beating while snowshoeing in the backcountry!
- FUNCTIONALITY - This recreational snowshoe is made for everyday snowshoeing. It has heel bindings that makes it easier to climb hills and the aluminum teeth help to provide increased traction and grip to the snow.
- COMFORT - We found that the one feature that other snowshoes lacked was comfort. Since we take our snowshoes for long expeditions or short walks around the park, we made comfort a priority. The 2 ANTI-SHOCK poles included provide the ultimate snowshoeing experience!
- SIZES & WEIGHT CAPACITY: 21 inches snowshoes optimized weight range: 65 - 155 lbs / 30 - 70 kg；25 inches snowshoes optimized weight range: 110 - 220 lbs / 50 - 100 kg; 30 inches snowshoes optimized weight range: 150 - 260 lbs / 70 - 120 kg. (Load refers to total weight of user plus anything they are carrying such as pack, equipment, etc.)
- DESIGN: Ergonomic and streamlined design and a slightly upturned rounded tail, the snowshoes ensure a comfortable and easy walk for your hiking and climbing. Meet max floatation and fast movement in heavy snow condition.
- FUNCTION: Fast pull binding system easy entry and fast-lock allow your winter boots put on and off quickly. It can fit a wide range of shoes size from 35-45 EUR.
- MATERIALS: Long lasting lightweight 6000 Series aircraft aluminum frame. DuPont pivot and environmental HDPE decking. Forged aluminum alloy crampons
- PACK: One pair of snowshoes + one pair of Trekking poles + one nylon carrying bag.
- [Updated Trekking Poles] : Changed traditional twist lock to flip lock design , made lock and adjust more quickly and easily in a few seconds. Retractable from 24 to 55 inch, they work for a wide range of different heights.
- [Lightweight Snowshoes] : Made of lightweight and strong aluminum frame , the snow shoes feature an ergonomic design to ensure comfortable and easy walk. With upgraded double ratcheting bindings, it's easily adjust to your footwear. And the one-buckle tightening mechanism coupled with TPE heel strap provides efficient support.
- [Fully Adjustable Snow Shoes] : Double ratcheting bindings easily adjust to most footwear and enable a secure fit for maximum efficiency during outdoor treks; one-buckle tightening mechanism coupled with an TPE heel strap provides efficient support
- [Waterproof Leg Gaiters] : Made of pongee fabric, the Leg Gaiters provides excellent water and tear & puncture resistance. Easy to wear on and take off with elastic band and velcro design
- [Sizes & Weight Capacity] : 14 Inches:30 - 70 lbs / 14 - 31 kg; 21 Inches: 70 - 150 lbs / 31 - 70 kg; 25 Inches : 120 - 200 lbs / 55 - 91 kg ; 27 Inches:160 - 235 lbs / 73 - 107 kg; 30 Inches:180 - 250 lbs / 81 - 126 kg
Before you head into the woods to snowshoe, visit Snowshoeing Tips.
New England Living Magazine