Danville, Vermont 05828
Danville VT Camping, Lodging, Real Estate, & Visitor Information
Welcome to the Northeast Kingdom town of Danville, Vermont. Scenic Danville, Vermont was chartered in 1786. Long the site of the “Dowser’s Convention”, Danville is a lovely New England village surrounded by Vermont’s renowned rolling green hills.
The Danville Morgan Horse Farm is located here. Joe’s Pond – is known for its famous “Ice Out” Contest and is a popular summer destination. A public beach is located on the eastern end of Joe’s Pond.
StoneCrest Properties, 101 Depot Street, Lyndonville, VT 05851 | 802-626-4790
StoneCrest Properties is a full service Vermont real estate agency meeting the needs of buyers and sellers every day. Located in Lyndonville, Vermont and servicing the entire Northeast Kingdom. At StoneCrest Properties we offer: First time homebuyer experience, Unique marketing of our properties, Experienced professional agents who take personal care. Give us a call, or view our latest listings online.
Visit StoneCrest Properties - Lyndonville, VT
Belle Savon Vermont | 802-751-5287
Belles Savon VT, Vermont Artisan Favors, and Gifts. A unique gift boutique located in the beautiful Northeast Kingdom of Vermont. We specialize in sustainable and locally sourced custom wedding favors and gifts to help celebrate your big day or every day, created with intention which by definition means gifting someone something they will love, need, or use. Inspired by the beauty of Vermont. Our gifts can be shipped worldwide!
Visit Belle Savon Vermont
The Wildflower Inn, 2059 Darling Hill Road, Lyndonville, VT 05851 | 802-626-8310
Trailside Lodging in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont. Your next great adventure awaits at The Wildflower. A four-season destination property for the best in outdoor recreation and Vermont experiences. With our 25-room Inn, full-service restaurant, pub, Village Sport bike shop (with rentals) and KCE guide company right on the property, you will have everything you need to make the most of your Vermont visit.
Visit The Wildflower Inn - Lyndonville, VT
Danville and North Danville offer rural mountain vistas and farmland. VAST snowmobile trails are numerous. US Route 2 divides Danville and North Danville and is the major East-West road in northern Vermont, Maine, and New Hampshire. The Danville Town Green is the sight of an annual Danville Fall Foliage craft show, and the summertime event called the Danville Community Fair. Danville, Vermont is bordered by St. Johnsbury to the east.
To share your Danville, VT business information, contact us.
Danville, VT Local Information
Danville Town Offices: 802-684-3352
Danville, Vermont is a small town located in Caledonia County, in the northeastern part of the state. The town was settled in the late 1700s and was officially incorporated in 1786. Over the years, Danville has been home to several notable individuals, including Governor Jonathan Hunt and author Pearl S. Buck.
Danville Points of Interest:
- Joe’s Pond: A popular recreational spot for swimming, boating, and fishing in the summer and ice skating and ice fishing in the winter.
- Danville Historical Society Museum: A small museum featuring exhibits on the town’s history and the lives of its residents.
- Danville Green: A historic village green that serves as a gathering place for community events and celebrations.
- Marty’s 1st Stop: A local convenience store that has been in operation since 1954 and is known for its VT products, and maple creamees (soft-serve ice cream).
Danville, VT Historic Sites:
- Danville Center Church: A historic church built in 1832 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Danville Railroad Station: A former train station built in the early 1900s that is now a community center.
- Jonathan Hunt House: The former home of Governor Jonathan Hunt, which is now a museum.
Neighborhoods and Villages:
- Danville Center: The historic village center of Danville, which includes the town green and several historic buildings.
- West Danville: A small village located on the western edge of town, near Joe’s Pond.
- North Danville: A rural area located in the northern part of town, with several small farms and residential neighborhoods.
Things to Do:
- Hiking: Danville is home to several hiking trails, including the Danville Rail Trail and Harvey’s Mountain Trail.
- Fishing: Joe’s Pond is a popular spot for fishing, with several species of fish including trout and bass.
- Skiing: Burke Mountain Resort, a popular ski resort, is located just a few miles from Danville.
- Festivals and Events: Danville hosts several community events throughout the year, including the annual Danville Fair and the Joe’s Pond Fishing Derby.
SHOP DANVILLE VT GIFTS
|Danville Vermont VT Vintage Athletic Navy Sports Design Pullover Hoodie||$31.99||On Sale Now|
|Danville Vermont VT Vintage Athletic Sports Design Tank Top||$19.99||On Sale Now|
|Danville Vermont VT Vintage Athletic Sports Design Long Sleeve T-Shirt||$22.99||On Sale Now|
|Womens Danville Vermont VT Vintage Athletic Sports Design V-Neck T-Shirt||$19.99||On Sale Now|
|Danville VT Vermont Raglan Baseball Tee||$23.99||On Sale Now|
|Danville VT Vermont Zip Hoodie||$33.99||On Sale Now|
|City of Danville Vermont | Cute Novelty Merch Gift - Graphic Zip Hoodie||$33.99||On Sale Now|