Visit Every Vermont Town 251 Club
A Vermont Life article lives on and grows
Vermont’s 251 Club was suggested first in 1954 in a Vermont Life Magazine article by commentator Arthur Wallace Peach. The 251 Club was introduced to encourage Vermonters to get to know their state. Vermont has 251 towns and the premise of the club is that members visit every one of Vermont’s 251 towns and cities.
The Vermont 251 Club is still active today. The VT 251 Club meets twice a year and distributes a newsletter by snail mail to club members. Ask us about VT 251 Club vacations or share comments. The Vermont 251 Club was featured on CBS TV’s Sunday Morning program in October of 2022. To feature your Vermont business, contact us.
Vermont 251 Club
The Vermont 251 Club began before the interstate highway system. The VT 251 Club is all about visiting all 251 Vermont Towns. But even with today’s highways, members face challenges. The unorganized Northeast Kingdom Vermont town of Lewis, for example, is tough to find, there are no highways, definitive markers, or people. The town is home to moose, bears, fisher cats, and other Vermont wildlife.
The Vermont 251 Club is open to everyone – you do not have to be a Vermont resident to join. The 251 Club operates on the honor system and does not require a member to “prove” they have visited every town, but members are encouraged to take photos for documentation and entertainment purposes.
You can join the official Vermont 251 Club for seven dollars a year. The primary benefit of membership is the Wayfarer newsletter. There are also two dinners held each year. For more information call 1-802-229-0253 or e-mail the Club at thevt251club aol.com. The mailing address is: Bill Rockford, 40 Clarendon Ave., Montpelier, VT 05602
Exploring the Beauty of Vermont: Join the Vermont 251 Club
Introduction: Vermont, often referred to as the “Green Mountain State,” is a haven for nature enthusiasts, history buffs, and adventure seekers. With its picturesque landscapes, charming towns, and rich heritage, Vermont offers countless opportunities for exploration and discovery. One unique way to experience the best of this beautiful state is by joining the Vermont 251 Club.
- Understanding the Vermont 251 Club: The Vermont 251 Club is an exclusive organization that encourages individuals to visit all 251 towns and cities within the state. Founded in 1954, the club aims to promote travel, tourism, and appreciation for Vermont’s diverse culture, history, and natural beauty. Membership in the club provides an opportunity to explore lesser-known destinations, engage with local communities, and gain a deeper understanding of Vermont’s unique character.
- The Quest to Visit All 251 Towns: Embarking on the quest to visit all 251 towns in Vermont is a truly rewarding experience. From the bustling streets of Burlington to the serene countryside of Manchester, each town offers its own distinct charm and attractions. Whether you’re hiking through the verdant Green Mountains, exploring historic covered bridges, or indulging in farm-to-table culinary delights, every town has something special to offer.
- Uncovering Vermont’s Natural Beauty: Vermont’s natural beauty is unparalleled, and the Vermont 251 Club is a gateway to exploring its diverse landscapes. From the stunning shores of Lake Champlain to the peaks of Mount Mansfield, Vermont is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts. The club encourages members to hike scenic trails, swim in pristine lakes, and ski down powdery slopes, immersing themselves in the state’s natural wonders.
- Immerse Yourself in Vermont’s Rich History: Vermont has a fascinating history that unfolds as you journey through its towns. From the birthplace of President Calvin Coolidge in Plymouth to the historic sites of the American Revolution, the state is steeped in captivating stories and landmarks. The Vermont 251 Club provides an opportunity to visit museums, historical sites, and heritage centers, allowing members to connect with Vermont’s past and gain a deeper appreciation for its cultural heritage.
- Engaging with Local Communities: The Vermont 251 Club encourages members to connect with local communities, fostering a deeper understanding of Vermont’s way of life. Attend lively town events, visit farmers’ markets, and interact with artisans to gain insight into the state’s vibrant community spirit. The warm and welcoming locals will be more than happy to share their stories, traditions, and recommendations, making your journey even more enriching.
Vermont 251 Club
To join: Call: 802-229-0253
40 Clarendon Ave., Montpelier, VT, 05602
SHOP VT PRODUCTS
|Montpelier Capital of Vermont GPS Coordinates Tank Top||$19.99||On Sale Now|
|Montpelier Capital of Vermont GPS Coordinates Long Sleeve T-Shirt||$22.99||On Sale Now|
|Garmin 010-02258-10 GPSMAP 64sx, Handheld GPS with Altimeter and Compass, Preloaded With TopoActive Maps, Black/Tan||$349.99||On Sale Now|
|JANFUN GPS Navigation for Car, Latest 2022 Map 7-Inch HD Touch Screen 256-8GB Navigation System, with Voice Guidance and Speed Warning, Lifetime Free Map Updates, Black||On Sale Now|
|Garmin DriveSmart 76, 7-inch Car GPS Navigator with Bright, Crisp High-resolution Maps and Garmin Voice Assist||$299.99||On Sale Now|
|Garmin Montana 700, Rugged GPS Handheld, Routable Mapping for Roads and Trails, Glove-Friendly 5" Color Touchscreen||$599.99||On Sale Now|
|Delorme New Hampshire/Vermont Atlas & Gazetteer (Delorme Atlas & Gazetteer)||$27.38||On Sale Now|
|Vermont Photography, Stowe Community Church Photo Print, Autumn Fall Foliage Wall Art Home Decor, 8x10 to 24x36||$35.00||On Sale Now|
|Vermont State Map Wall Art Print - 8x10 Silhouette Decor Print with Coordinates. Makes a Great Green Mountain State-Themed Gift. Shades of Grey, Black & White.||$11.95||On Sale Now|
|Eleville 8X10 Unframed Vermont United States Country View Abstract Road Modern Map Art Print Poster Wall Office Home Decor Minimalist Line Art Hometown Housewarming wgn201||$14.99||On Sale Now|
|HISTORIX Vintage 1814 Vermont Map - 18x24 Inch Vermont State Vintage Map - Vermont Wall Art - Old Vermont Map Poster - Vermont Wall Decor - Map of Vermont From Actual Survey||$39.99||On Sale Now|
|Gracelapin Modern Canvas Painting Sunset Over Lake Champlain vermonts and Pictures Wall Art Artwork Decor Printed Oil Painting Landscape Home Office Bedroom Framed Decor (16"x24"x3pcs)||$38.32||On Sale Now|
|Vermont Map Art Print, Signed Print from my Original Hand-Drawn Typography Map Art Series, Vermont Map Print||$25.00||On Sale Now|
|Lantern Press 10x15 Inch Wood Sign, Ready to Hang Wall Decor, Vermont, Crossed Skis, Letterpress||On Sale Now|
|Stratton Mountain, Vermont, Colorful Skis (36x54 Giclee Gallery Art Print, Vivid Textured Wall Decor)||$124.99||On Sale Now|
|Vermont Ski Patrol Black by Stephen Huneck Canvas Art Wall Picture, Museum Wrapped with Black Sides, 16 x 20 inches||On Sale Now|
|Muroanmi Vintage Look Tin Signs 12X16 Inch Stowe Vermont ski Capital of The East United States Vintage Travel Art Print Retro Metal Poster for Home Wall Kitchen Bar Man Cave Decor||$12.39||On Sale Now|
|Lantern Press 12x18 Inch Metal Sign, Mount Snow, Vermont, Retro Ski Resort||$34.99||On Sale Now|
|Vermont Cross Country Skiers & Cabin Giclee Art Print Poster from Travel Artwork by Artist Paul Leighton 12" x 18"||$21.95||On Sale Now|