Woodstock, Vermont 05091
Woodstock, VT Lodging Dining History & Photos
Woodstock, Vermont is the quintessential New England Village and thriving Vermont resort community where, in 1824, Alvin Adams first established the railroad express line, later to become known as the Railway Express. Noted for its natural and man-made beauty, Woodstock is cradled between leafy green hills and the serpentine Ottauquechee River.
Sugarbush Farm, 591 Sugarbush Farm Road, Woodstock, VT 05091 | 800-281-1757
Sugarbush Farm is located on a 550 acre hilltop outside of Woodstock Village. Visitors watch cheese production, year round maple tours, sample Sugarbush Farm cheeses, Vermont Maple Products, local Honey, and other products. You can walk the nature trail, see farm animals, and best of all free admission. The farm is located 3 miles off US Route 4 on Hillside Road, across from the Taftsville Bridge, 3 miles east of Woodstock, VT. Sugarbush Farm Store is open daily from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Visit Sugarbush Farm - Woodstock
Odyssey Events VT, 276 Laber Road, Bridgewater Corners, VT 05035 | 802-342-1513
Hands-on cooking classes offered by Chef Ted at his mountain top idyll. Discuss the many possibilities or choose from pre-scheduled classes. From pastas and pizzas to meats, seafoods, vegetables, and desserts. Learn then eat what you cook. BYOB.
Visit Cooking classes with Chef Ted
The Quality Inn at Quechee Gorge, Rt. 4, Quechee, VT 05059 | 1-802-295-7600
A full service Quechee Vermont hotel and conference center with on premises restaurant, banquet, and business function facilities. Gold Award Winner. Near Quechee Gorge.
Visit Quality Inn - Quechee, VT
The question most frequently asked about Woodstock is, “How does one account for the many fine homes when there is no evidence of industry to support them?” The answer is that a mere twenty years after the first settler arrived in 1765, Woodstock became the Shire Town, or seat, of Windsor County. Business and professional people were drawn to the town and coming largely from Connecticut and Massachusetts, they brought an established culture with them. Families were large, materials cheap and plentiful, and the earliest houses (many of which survive today) were well and amply built. It was then that the Village Green embarked on becoming the showcase of fine Federal homes that it is today. A year-round resort since 1892 when the Woodstock Inn first opened, the Village of Woodstock has thoughtfully preserved its architectural and natural heritage with much of the Village included in a Historic District. Visitors and new residents alike are attracted to Woodstock for a multitude of reasons. Ranked among the top ten are area attractions such as the historic Woodstock Inn & Resort, which in addition to being a reputable lodging and dining venue operates the Country Club’s 18-hole golf course, ski-touring center, sports center, and the Suicide Six Ski Area. Other attractions to the area include the Billings Farm & Museum, the Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park, the Norman Williams Library, the Woodstock Historical Society, the Recreation Center and Little Theater, the Town Hall where the Pentangle Council on the Arts presents performing arts, and the Green Mountain Horse Association.
Among Woodstock’s notable citizens were sculptor Hiram Powers – creator of The Greek Slave sculpture, and Senator Jacob Collamer who served as a confidant to President Abraham Lincoln, and who coined the phrase, “The good people of Woodstock have less incentive than others to yearn for heaven.” Another eminent Woodstock figure was John Cotton Dana, the well-known librarian, and museum director who first opened the restricted book stacks to the public. More recent residents were actor Otis Skinner and author Sinclair Lewis. Much of Woodstock’s historic and environmental preservation can be traced to the dedicated efforts of George Perkins Marsh, Frederick Billings, and Laurance S. Rockefeller. Marsh, the 19th Century Congressman largely responsible for the Smithsonian Institute, was the author of the ecologists’ bible, Man and Nature. Billings, builder of the Northern Pacific Railroad, purchased the Marsh homestead and reforested Mt. Tom and Mt. Peg. The Marsh-Billings mansion was later occupied by Billings’ granddaughter, Mary Rockefeller, and her husband, who perpetuated the tradition of environmental conservation and the appropriately-scaled commerce which underlies Woodstock’s economic vitality and quality of life. Since 1998, their home and surrounding woodlands have been preserved under the ownership of the National Park Service. The Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park not only pays tribute to Woodstock but to the nation’s conservation efforts and traditions, as well. Taftsville is the lone village in the great town of Woodstock. Woodstock, Vermont is home to the Vermont Standard – one of New England’s best weekly newspapers.
Woodstock, VT Population:
Woodstock, VT Local Information
Woodstock Town Offices: 802-457-3611
Visit WOODSTOCK, VT
- Smells Ah-mazing! Just ask the thousands of women who have already melted away stress with our Shower Steamer Aromatherapy Variety Pack. Because we use only pure essential oils and nature identical fragrance, you get the true benefits of aroma therapy. Set includes 6 Shower Melts: Lavender, Menthol/Eucalyptus, Vanilla, Watermelon, Grapefruit and Peppermint. Which relaxing spa experience will you melt into first?
- Beautifully Gift Packed: You may notice, most people gift this to themselves! And why not? But just in case it wasn’t obvious, they also make great Valentines Day Gifts, Mothers Day Gifts, Fathers Day Gifts and stocking filler Christmas Gifts! So if you need gift ideas for girlfriend, gifts for boyfriend, wife gifts, gifts for husband or any birthday gifts for women or men in your life. Shower bombs for women make perfect sense, and also any essential oil loving men!
- The Strongest Scent: We’ve experienced those other shower steamers too, you know the ones that boast the strongest scent (but are anything but). So If you, like us, enjoy strong scents (but not pungent and strange), then you’ll adore Cleverfy Shower Steamers natural aromas that allow you to take slow, deep breaths and enjoy every relaxing moment. Try this home spa kit now, and see.
- Melt Away to Another Place: Simply place one of your shower fizzies into the corner of your shower. For best results, do not submerge. Allow the heady aromas to whisk you away into relaxation and enjoy your small, yet meaningful moment of self care. And unlike other shower tablets, Cleverfy Shower Steamers are non-slip, safe for septic systems, vegan, and cruelty free for a complete feel-good immersion.
- E-book Bonus for Aromatherapy Lovers: If you adore beautiful scents and the powers of Aromatherapy, then you’ll also love the free E-Book that comes with your order (valued at $12). Discover the essential oils that have the most impact in your life, for any of life’s challenges that come your way.
- SKIN CARE PRODUCTS: Pamper from head to toe with this giftable set including Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream, Hand Salve, Original Beeswax Lip Balm, Res-Q Ointment, Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream and Coconut Foot Cream,
- HANDS & FEET: Pamper and soothe dry, rough, cracked skin with moisturizing hand salve, cuticle cream, hand cream and rich foot cream,
- LIP MOISTURIZER: Made with Beeswax, Vitamin E and a hint of peppermint oil, hydrate and nourish dry lips with the original favorite lip balm,
- MULTIPURPOSE OITNMENT: This gentle Res-Q Ointment is made with a blend of herbal ingredients to create an everyday salve that soothes and comfort dry skin and minor cuts,
- BURTS BEES GIFT SET: These natural, moisturizing skin care products gifted in a Burt’s Bees tin nourish skin throughout the winter months and make the perfect holiday stocking stuffer
- HILARIOUS SETUP—In Relative Insanity, you read a setup card aloud, like “When my brother brought out his new baby to show the family, Granny blurted out…”
- PERFECT PUNCHLINES—Then everyone else chooses one of their punchline cards to finish the phrase, like maybe “You are not the father!” or “I just vomited a little bit in my mouth.”
- FUNNIEST REIGNS SUPREME—The reader picks the one they think is the funniest, and that player gets a point!
- ALWAYS A LAUGH—It’s a different hilarious game each time you play!
- FUN PARTY GAME—For 4 to 12 players, ages 14 to adult.
- AWESOME FIT: Fits True to size, great fit and feel - Wash with cold water, inside out. Want to make dad look like a super star? This shirt has a great look and cool fit. This men's funny t shirt fits great and is great for men, teenagers and kids. Nothing beats a t shirts for a gift. Never Forget Cassette VHS Record Floppy Disk T Shirt Makes A Great present for someone special.
- TOP QUALITY: Our Graphic Tees Professionally screen printed designed in USA by Feelin Good Tees. Nothing beats our selection of funny sarcastic tshirts! It will make great father's day gifts, birthday present, friend gift, dad gifts, Christmas gift. This is a great mens t shirt. Everyone needs a little humor and sarcasm.
- GREAT FEEL: Our Shirts are 100% preshrunk cotton exceptions; AshGrey is 99/1cotton/poly; SportGrey is 90/10cotton/poly if available. Available in 2XL,3XL,4XL,5XL Tee will bring adult humor out. The sarcasm laughs will flow. Graphic tee makes gift for dad. Great gift idea for teenagers, boys and girls, dads, uncles and best friends.
- HAVE FUN: Get your humor on with this fun tee. The best funny tshirts. Sarcastic and novelty in one tee shirt. Birthday tshirt best cotton tee. This is great old school vintage shirt with a cassette, floppy disk and cassette tape. Only true music fans or computer geeks would undestand. Younger kids can look back at the vintage style design. Super soft and who remember having to stick a pencil in the cassette tape. Never Forget how easy they have it today.
- MAKES GREAT GIFT: See all our funny tees! Graphic tee makes best gift idea. Christmas, Fathers Day, Mothers Day, gift friends, brother/sister. Welcome home gift. Long lasting tees wear to party movie and all year. Perfect for back to school or a Christmas gift. Gif them something they will wear all year long. Make sure its a Feeling Good Tees.