Lake Champlain Valley VT Beaches
Burlington Middlebury Hero Islands Vermont Beaches
We found Lake Champlain and Burlington Vermont area beaches. Locate the best beaches, swimming holes, rivers, lakes, state parks, and public pools in Vermont. Ask us about Lake Champlain beaches or share your comments. Safe swimming from VT Living.com.
Lake Champlain Vermont Beaches & Swimming
Button Bay – Button Bay State Park
Vergennes, VT 05491
Ph. 800-658-1622; Summer 802-475-2377; Winter 802-483-2001
– A 253-acre park located on a bluff in Ferrisburg along the 130 miles long Lake Champlain. Facilities include showers, a dump station, play area, swimming pool with lifeguards, picnic area, and a large open space for games.
Branbury – Branbury State Park
Brandon, VT 05733
Ph. 800-658-1622; Summer 802-247-5925; Winter 802-483-2728
– Located on the eastern shore of Lake Dunmore at the base of Mt. Moosalamoo with great swimming and large, open, grassy areas for playing, sunning, and picnicking. Hiking trails to scenic vistas.
D.A.R. (Daughters of the American Revolution) – D.A.R. State Park
Addison, VT 05491
Ph. 800-658-1622; Summer 802-759-2354; Winter 802-483-2001
– On Lake Champlain, the Park offers swimming, camping, picnicking, boating, fishing, and sailing. Chimney Point is a State-owned historic site. Park offers a pavilion/picnic shelter for group gatherings.
Grand Isle – Grand Isle State Park
Grand Isle, VT 05458
Ph. 800-252-2363; Summer 802-372-4300; Winter 802-879-5674
– Located on the largest island in Lake Champlain with camping, swimming, shore fishing, boat launch, and rowboats.
Kamp Kill Kare – Kamp Kill Kare State Park
St. Albans Bay, VT 05481
Ph. 800-252-2363; Summer 802-524-6021; Winter 802-879-5674
– Home to a summer boys camp in the 50s, the Park now offers public camping and is available for group functions. The south-facing shore provides a sandy-bottomed swimming area and the north shore offers shore fishing.
Kingsland Bay – Kingsland Bay State Park
Ferrisburg, VT 05456
Ph. 800-658-1622; Summer 802-877-3445; Winter 802-483-2001
– One of Vermont’s newest parks with buildings for large group gatherings, picnic, and swimming areas, and toilet facilities.
Knight Point – Knight Point State Park
, North Hero, VT 05474 Ph. 800-252-2363; Summer 802-372-8389; Winter 802-483-2001 – On North Hero Island in Lake Champlain, offering swimming at a sandy beach, boat rentals, shaded or open picnic grounds with BBQ grills, and a large open-air shelter for group gatherings.
Lake Carmi – Lake Carmi State Park
Enosburg Falls, VT 05450
Ph. 800-252-2363; Summer 802-933-8383; Winter 802-879-5674
– The fourth-largest natural lake in Vermont. Located near the Canadian border, the Park offers 2 campgrounds, swimming beaches, and a multitude of outdoor recreation options.
North Hero – North Hero State Park
North Hero, VT 05474
Ph. 800-252-2363; Summer 802-372-8723; Winter 802-879-5674
– On the north tip of the Island, with camping, picnic grounds, non-graded swimming beach, boat rentals, and boat launch.
Sand Bar – Sand Bar State Park
Milton, VT 05468
Ph. 800-252-2363; Summer 802-893-2825; Winter 802-879-5624
– Sandy lake bottom remains shallow well out from shore, making this an ideal swimming spot for children. A 2000′ sandy beach, boat and sailboard rentals/lessons, food concession, showers, shaded or open picnic areas, and more. Day use only.
Vermont Beaches by Region
Champlain Valley VT Beaches
Burlington, Middlebury, St. Albans, the Islands of NW Vermont
North Central VT Beaches
Montpelier, Barre, Randolph, Waterbury, Stowe, Mad River Valley
Northeast Kingdom VT Beaches
St. Johnsbury, Newport, Barton, Lyndonville, Burke, Jay, Island Pond
South Central VT Beaches
Rutland, White River Jct., Woodstock, Quechee, Brandon, Killington, Ludlow, Weston, Chester
Southern VT Beaches
Bennington, Brattleboro, Manchester, Arlington, Newfane, Mt. Snow area