NEK VT Beaches
Newport Barton St. Johnsbury Craftsbury NEK VT Beaches
Northern Vermont beaches include some of the most picture-perfect places to swim. Lake Willoughby, Island Pond in Brighton and Prouty Beach in Newport are all very special places. The beautiful Northeast Kingdom experiences a short, sweet summer swimming season. The region features some pristine spring-fed lakes and ponds. Some of the gems include; Crystal Lake in Barton, Harvey’s Lake, and beaches on each end of Lake Willoughby. Lake Memphremagog’s Prouty Beach is a great place for a swim and a picnic. Discover the best public beaches, indoor pools, and secret swimming spots, or swimming holes as some would say. Ask us about VT beaches or share comments. Safe swimming from VT Living.com.
Northeast Kingdom Vermont Beaches & Swimming
Brighton State Park
Island Pond, VT 05846
Ph. 800-658-6934; Summer 802-723-4360; Winter 802-476-0181
– Situated on Island Pond and Spectacle Pond, the Park offers picnicking, camping, showers, swimming, a bathhouse, boat rentals, hiking trails, and great fishing.
Crystal Lake State Park
Barton, VT 05822 Ph. 800-658-6934; Summer 802-525-6205; Winter 802-479-4280
– Nearly a mile of sandy shoreline with a marked swimming area, picnic tables, bathhouse, boating, and refreshments.
Harvey’s Lake Park
West Barnet, VT
– Nearly a quarter-mile of sandy beach with a marked swimming area, lifeguard, picnic tables, bathhouse, and vending machine refreshments.
– Nearly a quarter-mile of sandy beach with a marked swimming area, lifeguard, picnic tables, bathhouse.
Groton State Forest
Groton, VT 05046
– This 26,175-acre State Forest comprises seven distinct State Parks offering picnicking, camping, showers, bathhouses, boating, refreshments, nature and foot trails, miles of hiking trails, and excellent fishing. The following Parks also offer swimming beaches:
Boulder Beach State Park
Groton, VT 05046 Ph. Summer 802-584-3823; Winter 802-479-4280
– 75 shaded picnic sites with tables and hibachis, flush toilets, 200′ beach with swimming area, and shelter for group gatherings.
Kettle Pond Group Camping Area
Marshfield, VT 05658
Ph. Summer 802-426-3042; Winter 802-479-4280
– Campground has toilets, a hand pump well, and a swimming area.
Ricker Pond State Park
Groton, VT 05046
Ph. Summer 802-584-3821; Winter 802-885-8891
– Campground has restrooms with showers, a swimming beach, and a group shelter.
Stillwater State Park
Groton, VT 05046
Ph. Summer 802-584-3822; Winter 802-479-4280
– Campground has restrooms, showers, a swimming beach, dock, play area, and group shelter.
Lake Willoughby – Willoughby State Forest
Westmore, VT 05860
Ph. 800-658-6934; Days 802-525-6939
– Nestled between Mt. Pisgah and Mt. Hor, Lake Willoughby is considered by many to be the most beautiful lake in Vermont, reminiscent of a Norwegian fjord and referred to as ‘the Lucerne of America.’ At a depth of 312′ it is a favorite of divers, and also offers public beaches at the north and south ends with restrooms, excellent boating and fishing, quaint shops, lodgings, and restaurants lining the shore. Admissions charged. Email: email@example.com
Maidstone State Park
Guildhall, VT 05905
Ph. 800-658-6934; Summer 802-676-3930; Winter 802-4280
The most remote of Vermont’s State Parks still retains much of the wilderness character associated with the Northeast Kingdom. With two campgrounds, hiking trails, a play area, two swimming beaches, a picnic shelter, a bathhouse, restrooms, boat rentals, and excellent trout fishing.
Morgan, VT 05853
– A clean and beautiful Vermont lake surrounded by hills and mountains. This lake is a favorite of fishermen and offers excellent trout and landlocked salmon fishing, also offers a clean public beach with free parking at the north end of the lake. Excellent boating and public boat launch, antiques, and restaurants lining the shore.
|Everlasting Comfort Beach Blanket Waterproof Sandproof - Large Oversized Sand Free Beach Mat Fits Up to 10 People w/Stakes, Storage Bag - Essentials for Beach, Picnic, Concert||$36.99||On Sale Now|
|OCOOPA Diveblues Bohemian Beach Blanket Waterproof Sandproof, 10'X 9' Extra Large, Soft and Durable, Sand Free, Light Weight and Portable, Perfect for Travel Camping, Beach Vacation||$37.98||On Sale Now|
|Sunlit Silky Soft 106"x81" Boho Sand Proof Beach Blanket Sand Proof Mat with Corner Pockets and Mesh Bag for Beach Party, Travel, Camping and Outdoor Music Festival, Blue and Pink Mandala||$19.99||On Sale Now|
|Ray-Ban RB4171 Erika Round Sunglasses, Light Havana/Dark Green, 54 mm||On Sale Now|
|Ray-Ban RB3548N Hexagonal Flat Lens Sunglasses, Gold/G-15 Green, 54 mm||$171.00||On Sale Now|
|Ray-Ban RB2132 New Wayfarer Square Sunglasses, Rubber Black/G-15 Green, 55 mm||$160.00||On Sale Now|
|Coach HC8169 Sunglasses, Black/Brown Gradient, 57 mm||$183.00||On Sale Now|
|Prada PR01OS Sunglasses-Gray Gradient lens Black (1AB3M1)-55mm||$132.93||On Sale Now|
|Versace Man Sunglasses Black Frame, Dark Grey Lenses, 53MM||$140.81||On Sale Now|
|Salvatore Ferragamo SF719S 238 Womens Havana/Gold 52 mm Sunglasses||$67.38||On Sale Now|
|Oakley Women's OO4129 Split Time Aviator Sunglasses, Velvet Black/Prizm Grey Gradient, 58 mm||$184.00||On Sale Now|
|Coach HC8132 Sunglasses, Black Tortoise Gradient/Brown Gradient Polarized, 57 mm||$97.72||On Sale Now|
|Versace Woman Sunglasses Black Frame, Light Grey Gradient Grey Lenses, 54MM||$184.27||On Sale Now|
|Tory Burch Women's 0TY7059 Sunglasses, Black||$97.94||On Sale Now|
|Tory Burch TY7106 Sunglasses 137883-57 - Dark Tortoise Frame, Brown Solid TY7106-137883-57||On Sale Now|
|Costa Del Mar Women's Panga Polarized Square Sunglasses, Ocearch Shiny White/Blue Mirrored Polarized-580P, 56 mm||On Sale Now|
|Gucci Women's Acetate Square Sunglasses, Black/Grey, One Size||$213.12||On Sale Now|
|BURBERRY BE4160 34338G Black BE4160 Square Sunglasses Lens Category 3 Size 58mm||$99.00||On Sale Now|
|BURBERRY BE 4216 30018G Black Plastic Cat-eye Sunglasses Grey Gradient Lens||$126.26||On Sale Now|
|Kate Spade New York Women's Kiya Square Sunglasses, Peach, 53 mm||$59.49||On Sale Now|
Vermont Beaches by Region
Champlain Valley VT Beaches
Burlington, Middlebury, St. Albans, the Islands of NW Vermont
North Central VT Beaches
Montpelier, Barre, Randolph, Waterbury, Stowe, Mad River Valley
Northeast Kingdom VT Beaches
St. Johnsbury, Newport, Barton, Lyndonville, Burke, Jay, Island Pond
South Central VT Beaches
Rutland, White River Jct., Woodstock, Quechee, Brandon, Killington, Ludlow, Weston, Chester
Southern VT Beaches
Bennington, Brattleboro, Manchester, Arlington, Newfane, Mt. Snow area