VT Business, History, Natural & Visitor Attractions
The VT Living Attraction Guide is a quick way to discover famous and not-so-famous Vermont Attractions. From the Champlain Valley to southern Vermont, VT attractions are visited by hundreds of thousands of people annually. Ben & Jerry’s Factory Outlet is one of the top VT attractions, but don’t overlook our favorite things to do in Vermont.
Visit a real Woodstock, Vermont country store, take a Vermont hot-air balloon ride, experience a VT activity like a rock climbing adventure, or explore the fascinating Quechee VT antique mall. From the Northeast Kingdom to Bennington – find something interesting in every region. One-of-a-kind Vermont Attractions provide the best reason(s) yet to visit Vermont.
Vermont Attraction Guide
Sugarbush Farm, 591 Sugarbush Farm Road, Woodstock, VT 05091 | 800-281-1757
Sugarbush Farm is located on a 550 acre hilltop outside of Woodstock Village. Visitors watch cheese production, year round maple tours, sample Sugarbush Farm cheeses, Vermont Maple Products, local Honey, and other products. You can walk the nature trail, see farm animals, and best of all free admission. The farm is located 3 miles off US Route 4 on Hillside Road, across from the Taftsville Bridge, 3 miles east of Woodstock, VT. Sugarbush Farm Store is open daily from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Visit Sugarbush Farm - Woodstock
Above Reality Inc. Hot Air Balloon Rides, 70 Essex Way, Essex, VT 05452 | 802-899-4007
Enjoy spectacular views of the Green Mountains, Lake Champlain, and the Adirondack mountains during a memorable balloon flight with our friendly and skilled staff. We'll whisk you above the ordinary and take you on a magical voyage above the treetops. All flights conclude with a champagne toast and VT cheese and fudge.
Visit Balloon Vermont Website
Mountain View Farm Animal Sanctuary, 3383 Darling Hill Rd., E. Burke, VT 05832 | 802-626-9924
Visit Mountain View Farm Animal Sanctuary in Vermont to see our rescued animals and please consider making a donation to help us care for them. If you share our love for animals and would like to get more involved with MVFAS we would love to welcome you as a volunteer. Volunteers join us on the farm or from their homes offering their time and services to the sanctuary.
Visit Mountain View Farm Animal Sanctuary
Robb Family Farm, 827 Ames Hill Road, Brattleboro, VT 05301 | 802-257-0163
Home of fine Vermont crafts. We produce the purest maple syrup you can find as well as a large assortment of fine hand-crafted treasures. Enjoy the scenic Vermont landscape and views from our shop. The Robb Family Country Shop is a family run business, consisting of a charming gift shop, farm events, mail order and baked goods by order. The shop is open throughout the year selling our own Vermont Maple Syrup, Vermont Maple Candy, Maple Syrup Party Favors, Gift Boxes, and Family Raised Beef. Sugarhouse Tours are offered year round.
Visit Robb Family Farm Website
Petra Cliffs Climbing Center and Mountaineering School, 105 Briggs Street, Burlington, VT 05401 | 802-657-3872
Located in Burlington, Petra Cliffs is Vermont's premier indoor rock climbing facility and climbing school. Our gym features 8,500 square feet of climbing walls and bouldering for all abilities. Our programming, guiding, and instructional courses focus on individuals and groups of all ages.
Visit Petra Cliffs - Burlington, VT
The Dutton Berry Farmstands and Greenhouse, Route 30, Newfane, VT, Routes 11 & 30 in Manchester, VT, and Route 9 in West Brattleboro, VT | 802-365-4168
Dutton Berry Farmstands are well known for their Vermont grown produce and other unique local products. Fresh picked apples straight from our orchard are available throughout apple season. Stop in and pick up a jug of Dutton Berry Farm's fresh made apple cider, made from our home grown apples. Whether it is fresh farmer-grown fruits and vegetables, cider, Vermont maple syrup or plants, you'll enjoy visiting a true Vermont farm experience.
Visit Dutton Berry Farmstands- VT
Goodrich's Maple Farm, 2427 US Rte 2, Cabot, VT 05647 | 800-639-1854
From our Trees to Your Table! Pure Maple Syrup, All Natural, No Preservatives, No Additives, Fat Free, and Gluten Free. Our VT Maple Syrup is High in Antioxidants & Minerals. Wonderful for baking and in place of other sweeteners. Enjoy tours of our sugarhouse where you can see items from our past and present maple sugar making heritage! Educational explanation of the entire process from our trees to your table. Goodrich's Maple Farm is handicapped and accessible with ample parking for busses and RVs. Check our website for hours and online shopping.
Visit Goodrich's Maple Farm - Cabot, VT
Vermont Attractions Guide
Champlain Valley VT Attractions
Burlington, Middlebury, St. Albans, the Islands of NW Vermont
North Central VT Attractions
Montpelier, Barre, Randolph, Waterbury, Stowe, Mad River Valley
Northeast Kingdom VT Attractions
St. Johnsbury, Newport, Barton, Lyndonville, Burke, Jay, Island Pond
South Central VT Attractions
Rutland, White River Jct., Woodstock, Quechee, Brandon, Killington, Ludlow, Weston, Chester
Southern VT Attractions
Bennington, Brattleboro, Manchester, Arlington, Newfane, Mt. Snow area
Top Vermont Attractions
Vermont is a beautiful state located in the New England region of the United States. Vermont is famous for picturesque landscapes, outdoor activities, and charming small towns. Browse what many consider to be the most popular Top Ten Vermont attractions:
- Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Factory: Located in Waterbury, Vermont, the Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Factory offers guided tours where visitors can learn about the ice cream-making process and sample various flavors.
- The Shelburne Museum: The Shelburne Museum is a large collection of art and Americana located in Shelburne, Vermont. It features exhibits of American folk art, quilts, and decorative arts, as well as a beautiful campus of gardens and historic buildings.
- Church Street Marketplace: The Church Street Marketplace is a pedestrian-only shopping and dining district in Burlington, Vermont. It features a wide variety of shops, restaurants, and street performers.
- Lake Champlain: Lake Champlain is a beautiful freshwater lake that stretches between Vermont and New York. Visitors can enjoy boating, swimming, and fishing, as well as stunning views of the surrounding mountains. Visit The Islands of Lake Champlain.
- Stowe Mountain Resort: Stowe Mountain Resort is a popular ski resort located in Stowe, Vermont. It offers skiing and snowboarding in the winter, as well as hiking and other outdoor activities in the summer.
- Vermont Teddy Bear Factory: The Vermont Teddy Bear Factory is located in Shelburne, Vermont, and offers guided tours where visitors can see how teddy bears are made and even make their own bears.
- Green Mountain National Forest: The Green Mountain National Forest covers a large area of Vermont and offers hiking, camping, and other outdoor activities.
- The Vermont State House: The Vermont State House is located in Montpelier, Vermont, and is home to the state government. It features stunning architecture and beautiful gardens.
- Quechee Gorge: Quechee Gorge is a beautiful natural gorge located in Quechee, Vermont. Visitors can hike along the gorge and enjoy stunning views of the surrounding scenery.
- Hildene: Hildene is a historic mansion located in Manchester, Vermont. It was the summer home of Abraham Lincoln’s son, Robert Todd Lincoln, and is now open to the public for tours.
New England Living Magazine