Learning to Snowboard in VT
Snowboarding Lessons, Tips & Tricks for Successful Snowboarding
This is where snowboarding got it’s start. So why not board where snowboarding first started, besides the conditions are just great for snowboarding at nearly all of Vermont’s Ski Areas. A snowboarding vacation is an outrageous way to getaway. Vermont offers the snowboard enthusiast challenging fun at a variety of slopes. With the best mountains, hotels, inns, resorts, and mountain rentals – it’s no wonder Vermont is New England’s top boarding destination. Ask us about VT Learn to Snowboard vacations or share winter fun comments. To feature your business, contact us.
Vermont Learn to Snowboard Vacations
Willoughvale Inn and Cottages on Lake Willoughby, 794 Vermont Rt. 5A, Westmore, VT 05860 | 800-594-9102
Warm hospitality awaits you at the WilloughVale Inn, situated in an exquisite natural setting on the shores of Lake Willoughby. Lodging is gracious and informal, providing a perfectly relaxed atmosphere for vacationing in all four seasons. Ten unique guest rooms and eight cozy cottages feature fully-equipped kitchens, some feature a fireplace, Jacuzzi and docks. Pets are welcome in limited accommodations. Boating, water trampoline, game room and WiFi. Seasonal dining. Discounted rates.
Visit Willoughvale Inn & Cottage on Lake Willoughby
The Wildflower Inn, Darling Hill Road, Lyndonville, VT 05851
"Warm hospitality and tons of kids' activities" -Yankee Magazine. With on-site direct access to VAST 52 snowmobile trail and lots of room for trailer and sled parking, this family-friendly country resort on 570 acres is perfect for your Vermont snowmobiling getaway! The Wildflower inn offers comfortable rooms and suites, mountain views, cozy sitting rooms with woodstoves, and a casual atmosphere. On site x-country skiing and snowshoeing trails, sledding, skating, bonfires, petting barn, kids' programs & playroom, hot tub & sauna. Burke Mountain skiing just 3 miles away.
Sunset Motor Inn, 160 VT Route 15 W Morrisville, VT 05661 | 800-544-2347
A family owned hotel in scenic Vermont. Recently updated rooms and amenties. 55 units, apartment suite, four houses in a convenient location. Charlmont Restaurant, located next door. Children 12 & under stay free, Group Rates, Bus Parking, Free Wi-Fi, Outdoor Pool, Views, Select pet-friendly rooms available; a large lawn is available behind hotel.
Visit Sunset Motor Inn - Morrisville
So you want to learn to snowboard?
The first thing I’m going to tell you is that it’s not easy. Not by a long shot. But boarding to worth the learning curve – and the humble pie falls.
Your first day strapped to a snowboard is guaranteed to be challenging. Be prepared to spend a fair amount of slope time on your bum and don’t be surprised to find yourself looking for a hot tub at the end of the day to soothe those aching muscles.
Snowboarding is similar to skiing in that both sports use the techniques of weighting while on edge and following the fall line when descending the mountain. Learning to snowboard is different from skiing in one distinct regard – although learning to snowboard is twice as hard as learning to ski, your level of ability will increase exponentially faster on a snowboard than on skis. Before you know it you’ll be flying down the slopes, leaving the skiers with a face full of powder.
A word to the wise: Make sure the first thing you learn how to do is fall. Because you’re going fall. And you’re going to fall a lot. So tuck in those arms and legs, and just roll with it!
Because learning to snowboard is a challenge, it’s important to set realistic goals for yourself those first few times on the mountain. Realistic goals will keep your frustration levels to a minimum. An example of a realistic goal would be “Get myself down the bunny slope once without falling.” not “Grinding rails in the terrain park.”
The fastest way to gain success on a snowboard is to invest in private lessons from a snowboard instructor. These lessons are more than worth their weight in gold. When scheduling lessons at the mountain, be sure you’re getting a real snowboard instructor, not a skier strapped to a snowboard. A good snowboard instructor knows the sport well and will be able to teach you quickly and effectively, guaranteeing more time riding and less time sliding backward and out-of-control down the bunny slope.
I strongly recommend spending 2-3 days in a row strapped to a snowboard when starting out. It’s the fastest way for your body to learn the muscle memory necessary to ride a board. Yes, you will discover new muscles you never knew existed before. If too much time passes between your first and second snowboarding lesson, your second lesson will have you starting at ground zero again. Not. Fun.
More Tips for First-Time Snowboarders:
- Wear waterproof pants & gloves and a helmet
- Stretch your legs, back and arms before riding
- Always strap your front foot in first
- Remove loose snow from bindings regularly
- Keep a wide stance, flexed knees, loose ankles & straight back
- Keep your hands in loose fists to avoid broken bones
- Always try to fall uphill, relax and roll with the fall
- Use a heel-toe rocking motion to control your edges
- Never ride with your board flat on the hill
- Lean slightly forward down the mountain for more control
Although learning to snowboard can be difficult, there is no mistaking the thrill of success once you “get it” and you will love that unique floating sensation you get as you carve down the mountain. With no poles to worry about, you are free to surf the slopes and enjoy the ride. So schedule that lesson, strap into that board, say a prayer and HAVE FUN!
- Nike Therma-Fit keeps athletes dry, providing heat retention
- Flat seam construction lies smooth against the head
- Form fitting comfort on its own or under the helmet
- Offers full facial protection that extends below the neck line
- Full-Length Fit: High-profile, high-volume Superfeet insoles are designed to fill the length and width of your shoe for maximum support, simply trim the arch-support inserts to fit your shoes
- Stabilizer Cap: Our specialized insoles for men and women feature a base-layer stabilizer cap designed to support the rearfoot and provide additional structure and stability to the foam layer
- Deep Heel Cup: Equipped with the widest, deepest of heel cups for heel pain, these high-arch insoles for men and women offer maximum support and assist with natural shock absorption
- Superfeet Shape: The high-profile, special orthotic shape of our arch-support shoe inserts helps stabilize and support the foot, which can help reduce stress on the feet, ankles, and knees
- High Density Foam: The closed-cell foam layer in these arch-support insoles for women and men supports and cushions the foot for durable, long-lasting comfort.
- High-arched insole for maximum support
- Fits most roomy footwear styles with factory insoles you can remove
- For common foot pain, arch pain, heel pain & plantar fasciitis
- Durable construction adds comfort, support & structure to shoes
- Bose Waterproof Speaker — Small but powerful, the Bose SoundLInk Micro Bluetooth speaker produces loud, clear sound with shockingly deep bass. It packs a custom-designed transducer and passive radiators for crisp, balanced sound.
- Tear-resistant Strap — This small portable speaker comes equipped with an easy-to-use, tear-resistant silicone strap. Secure it to your backpack, beach cooler, or handlebars, and the reliable strap will hold tight through shocks and shakes.
- Rugged Outdoor Speaker — Constructed from durable materials, including a rubberized silicone exterior, SoundLink Micro resists drops, dents, cracks, and scratches. Plus, its soft-touch finish almost never shows a mark.
- IP67 Waterproof Speaker — The SoundLink Micro Bluetooth speaker has been rigorously tested to meet an IP67 rating. It’s waterproof, dustproof, and protected from extreme temperatures, liquids, and other substances.
- Long-lasting Battery — This small outdoor speaker comes with a powerful lithium-ion battery. Enjoy up to 6 hours of music and charge anytime via the included Micro-USB cable.
- Phone Calls from your Bluetooth Speaker — An integrated microphone allows you to take phone calls directly from the speaker, while a multi-function button gives you access to your phone’s voice assistant (Siri or Google Assistant).
- Bose Connect App — App automatically updates the small Bluetooth speaker with the latest software, allows you to customize settings, unlock product features, and more.
- Pair Bose Speakers for more Sound — For even more immersive sound, pair Micro with another Bose Bluetooth speaker, or connect it to a Bose smart speaker to extend your listening experience from inside the home to outside.
- No-tie Lacing System: Turn any pair of lace-up tennis shoes into slip on sneakers. Lock Laces are the original, no tie shoelaces with over 7 million pairs sold worldwide
- Stretch Fit Comfort: Our elastic laces conform to your foot for a custom fit. Added compression reduces discomfort so you can perform your best! Lock Laces 6-strand fibers are .22 cm in diameter, 48 inches in length and can stretch up to 72 inches
- Perfect For Everyone: Lock Laces, originally designed for triathletes to decrease transition time, are a great gift for seniors suffering from arthritis or other disabilities, autistic children, runners of all ages, and casual users!
- Simple Installation: One size fits all (kids and adults), quick to install, and easy to use. Each pair is suitable for lacing up one pair of shoes. Easy installation instructions and videos provided.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: Lock Laces are guaranteed to last the life of one pair of lace up tennis shoes. We know that once you try them in your shoes, you’ll never go back to traditional shoelaces
- Shoe Repair and Protective Coating for Leather, Vinyl, Rubber or Canvas
- Bonds, protects and rebuilds for a permanent repair
- Excellent sealant – Perfect for patching Small holes
- Waterproof – Bond remains secure even when exposed to Water
- Creates extra traction – can even be used on skateboards
- Sof Sole
- Three Cameras in One: Maximize your creative freedom. With MAX you can shoot traditional Hero-style video and photos or capture immersive 360 footage. Vlog to the max with shotgun-mic performance and a front-facing screen
- Max HyperSmooth: MAX gives you unbreakable stabilization by using 180-degree capture as the ultimate buffer
- Live Streaming in 1080p: Shoot in HERO mode and share while you’re there. Live stream in 1080p on social, get Max HyperSmooth stabilization as you broadcast via the GoPro app and save footage to your SD card to check out later
- Horizon Leveling: In HERO mode, game-changing horizon leveling gives you that silky-smooth cinematic look whether you're getting sideways, flipping through the air or chasing your kids
- PowerPano: Pano without the pan. Take incredible 270-degree distortion-free panoramic photos without having to scan the horizon. Take PowerPano selfies, action shots and vertical pics—all with a level horizon
- Premium 360 plus Stereo Audio: Six mics capture true-to-life 360 audio and deliver the best stereo sound ever from a GoPro
- Digital Lenses: Choose from four digital lenses in HERO mode to get the shot. Capture video and photos in Narrow, Linear, Wide and Max SuperView—our widest view yet
- Max TimeWarp: Capture super stabilized time lapse videos while moving through an activity. In HERO mode, automatically adjust speed based on motion, scene detection and lighting. Slow down to real time—savoring moments—and then tap to speed it back up
- Includes: GoPro MAX Camera, Rechargeable Battery, Curved Adhesive Mount, 2 Protective Lenses, 2 Lens Caps, Microfiber Bag, Mounting Buckle plus Thumb Screw, USB-C Cable, Carrying Case
- FORCED WARM AIR - dryer works on four garments simultaneously; boots, gloves, helmets, hats and more
- WHISPER QUIET - rotary blower with a 3-hour timer; heats to 105°F/40.5°C will not harm any liners or garments
- KEEPS SHOES FRESH - wet, soggy footwear is a breeding ground for unwanted odors. Dries most items in 1 to 2 hours
- INCLUDES - two removable extension tubes for use with boots up to 16 inches tall; heat or no-heat switch
- DIMENSIONS - 12 inches deep x 7.5 inches high x 15 inches wide; 6-foot power cord; 1 year Warranty
- Versatile backpack featuring padded side-access sleeve for 17" laptop and brushed media pocket at top for protective storage
- Front organizer panel and mesh optics pocket
- Compression-molded back panel and adjustable shoulder straps for comfort
- Bottom shoe compartment
- Dimensions:20 H x 14 W x 8 D inches
- Rubber logo is the new updated version of the product
- BOREALIS CLASSIC. Our classic 28L backpack is updated with easy-to-access pockets, an overhauled suspension system and front elastic bungee system. A spacious main compartment has a dedicated and highly protective laptop compartment.
- FLEX VENT TECHNOLOGY. The FlexVent suspension system features a flexible yoke built from custom injection-molded shoulder straps, a padded mesh back panel and a breathable lumbar panel for comfortable, ventilated support.
- TOTAL ORGANIZATION. Two extended mesh water bottle pockets double as multi-use pockets. The front compartment has an extra padded tablet sleeve and zip pockets. An external fleece-lined pocket stores small items or electronics.
- COMFORTABLE CARRY. For school, commuting or travel, this backpack has a top handle for easy grabbing and a removable waist belt for a custom fit. A sternum strap with whistle buckle adds extra support and safety. Reflective details help you stand out.
- TECHNICAL SPECS. Dimensions: 19.75" x 13.25" x 9.75" (50.2 cm x 33.7 cm x 24.8 cm). Volume: 28 Liters. Fabric: 600D, 400D or 300D polyester, 210D Cordura nylon ripstop with a water-repellent finish depending on colorway. Boot: 1680D ballistic nylon.
- QUICK RELEASE BUCKLE UPGRADED VERSION：The crafted heavy-duty buckle, made of aluminium alloy, has very strong load-bearing capacity, which can meet your different wearing requirements. The upgraded part is that it is more convenient to adjust the length to perfect fit more than you can imagine. If you want to understand more intuitively how to be more convenient, you can watch our short tactical video
- HIGH QULITY STRETCH NYLON：We intent to make the strap be stretch. The strap is made by special stretch material which is more solid than regular belt. More than that, it is very sturdy as well as stretch, which make your waist be more comfortable as well as stay tight, when you take large range of activities. Anyone who do physical activities for a long period of hours will get a great use out of the tactical belt
- FOR SPECIAL YOU: Our solid belt suits for military, SWAT, fire fighters, work, sport and other tactical users. Anyone who need to take any activity will be in harmony with the belt
- AS A PRESENT: Our elaborate belt is enclosed in an elegant gift box for you giving whoever you love, or yourself
- SHOPPING GUARANTEE：If you meet any problems after purchasing the belt, please don't hesitate to contact us. We promise to provide you 100% satisfying guarantee