VT Tourism Resource Publications & Websites
VT Travel and Tourism Destinations, Maps & Information
Get the latest information about Vermont Tourism from a wide variety of sources. The State of Vermont Department of Tourism is a Government Agency. Officially known as the Vermont Department of Tourist & Marketing, the agency is responsible for promoting Vermont to travelers. Vermont visitors often stop at the Vermont visitor information center located on I-91 in southern Vermont. The Vermont Visitor Information center has dozens of free printed brochures and maps available. Look for the entrance to the center just after you enter Vermont from Massachusetts on Interstate I-91 Highway. The center is open 24 hours a day. There are clean restrooms and refreshments available. To feature your Vermont tourism business, contact us.
In the fall, Vermont is particularly famous for its vibrant foliage colors, and many people come to visit during this time to witness the spectacular views. In the winter, Vermont offers skiing, snowboarding, and other winter sports at its many ski resorts.
During the summer months, visitors can enjoy hiking, biking, kayaking, and other outdoor activities in Vermont’s picturesque countryside. The state also has a rich cultural history, and there are many historic sites and museums to visit. In terms of lodging accommodations, Vermont offers a wide range of options, from quaint bed and breakfast inns to luxurious resorts. Additionally, there are many locally-owned restaurants and breweries that serve delicious food and beverages made with locally-sourced ingredients. Overall, Vermont offers a unique and authentic travel experience.
- VermontVacation.com – This is the official tourism website of Vermont, managed by the Vermont Department of Tourism and Marketing. It provides information on things to do, places to stay, and events happening throughout the state.
- Vermont Living – This is a made in Vermont e-zine that covers various aspects of life in Vermont, including travel, food, culture, and history. The site also features Vermont attractions, events, and stunning photography of the state’s landscapes and wildlife.
- Seven Days – This is a weekly newspaper that covers news, events, and entertainment in Vermont. It also has a section dedicated to travel and tourism, with articles on the state’s attractions and activities.
- Vermont Ski and Ride – This is a magazine that focuses specifically on skiing and snowboarding in Vermont. It provides information on ski resorts, events, and gear, as well as tips for getting the most out of the ski season.
- Yankee Magazine – While not exclusively focused on Vermont, Yankee Magazine often features articles on the state’s attractions and destinations. The magazine covers travel, food, and culture throughout the New England region.
- Burlington Free Press – This is a daily newspaper based in Burlington, Vermont, that covers news and events throughout the state. It also has a section dedicated to travel and tourism, with articles on the state’s attractions and activities. The Burlington Free Press is published by Gannett.
- Vermont Chamber of Commerce – This organization represents businesses throughout Vermont and provides information on travel and tourism, as well as other industries in the state. Their website includes a directory of member businesses and events happening throughout Vermont.
Vermont Living is a website (VTLiving.com) that provides information on travel, tourism, and living in Vermont. It features articles on the state’s attractions, events, and culture, as well as resources for those looking to relocate to Vermont or find a recommended Vermont Realtor or Vermont Vacation Rental Agent.
Other Vermont travel and tourism websites and publications that may be of interest include:
- VT Inns – This website feature Vermont Inns, Bed and Breakfast Lodging Accommodations currently available in Vermont.
- Vermont.com – This website provides information on travel and tourism in Vermont, including things to do, places to stay, and events happening throughout the state.
- Travel Vermont – This is the official tourism website of Vermont, managed by the Vermont Department of Tourism and Marketing. It provides information on things to do, places to stay, and events happening throughout the state.
- Vermont Teddy Bear Company – While not specifically a travel or tourism website, the Vermont Teddy Bear Company is a popular attraction in Vermont that offers tours of its factory and workshops.
- Ben & Jerry’s Factory Tour – Located in Waterbury, the Ben & Jerry’s Factory Tour is a popular attraction for ice cream lovers. Visitors can take a guided tour of the factory to learn about the ice cream-making process and sample some of Ben & Jerry’s famous flavors.
- Shelburne Museum – The Shelburne Museum is located in Shelburne and is a popular destination for art and history enthusiasts. The museum features a collection of art, Americana, and folk art, as well as historic buildings and gardens.
- Lake Champlain – Lake Champlain is a beautiful freshwater lake that stretches between Vermont and New York. Visitors can enjoy a variety of outdoor activities on and around the lake, including boating, fishing, and hiking.
- Church Street Marketplace – Located in Burlington, the Church Street Marketplace is a pedestrian-only street that is home to many shops, restaurants, and cafes. It is a popular destination for shopping, dining, and people-watching.
- Vermont Ski Resorts – Vermont is known for its many ski resorts, which attract visitors from around the world. Popular ski resorts in Vermont include Smugglers’ Notch Resort, Stowe, Killington, Okemo, and Jay Peak.
- Mount Mansfield – Mount Mansfield is the highest peak in Vermont and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside. Visitors can hike to the summit or take a scenic drive to the top.
- Green Mountain National Forest – The Green Mountain National Forest covers more than 400,000 acres of land in Vermont and offers a variety of outdoor recreational opportunities, including hiking, camping, and fishing.
- Quechee Gorge – The Quechee Gorge is a beautiful natural attraction located in Quechee. Visitors can hike to the bottom of the gorge for a closer look or admire the view from the top.
These are just a few of the many popular tourist attractions in Vermont. The state offers a unique and authentic travel experience that is sure to delight any visitor. You may obtain printed material about visiting Vermont by contacting The Vermont Department of Tourism and Marketing is located at One National Life Drive, 6th floor, Montpelier, VT 05620-0501.
Sugarbush Farm, 591 Sugarbush Farm Road, Woodstock, VT 05091 | 800-281-1757
Sugarbush Farm is located on a 550 acre hilltop outside of Woodstock Village. Visitors watch cheese production, year round maple tours, sample Sugarbush Farm cheeses, Vermont Maple Products, local Honey, and other products. You can walk the nature trail, see farm animals, and best of all free admission. The farm is located 3 miles off US Route 4 on Hillside Road, across from the Taftsville Bridge, 3 miles east of Woodstock, VT. Sugarbush Farm Store is open daily from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Visit Sugarbush Farm - Woodstock
Above Reality Inc. Hot Air Balloon Rides, 70 Essex Way, Essex, VT 05452 | 802-899-4007
Enjoy spectacular views of the Green Mountains, Lake Champlain, and the Adirondack mountains during a memorable balloon flight with our friendly and skilled staff. We'll whisk you above the ordinary and take you on a magical voyage above the treetops. All flights conclude with a champagne toast and VT cheese and fudge.
Visit Balloon Vermont Website
Mountain View Farm Animal Sanctuary, 3383 Darling Hill Rd., E. Burke, VT 05832 | 802-626-9924
Visit Mountain View Farm Animal Sanctuary in Vermont to see our rescued animals and please consider making a donation to help us care for them. If you share our love for animals and would like to get more involved with MVFAS we would love to welcome you as a volunteer. Volunteers join us on the farm or from their homes offering their time and services to the sanctuary.
Visit Mountain View Farm Animal Sanctuary
Robb Family Farm, 827 Ames Hill Road, Brattleboro, VT 05301 | 802-257-0163
Home of fine Vermont crafts. We produce the purest maple syrup you can find as well as a large assortment of fine hand-crafted treasures. Enjoy the scenic Vermont landscape and views from our shop. The Robb Family Country Shop is a family run business, consisting of a charming gift shop, farm events, mail order and baked goods by order. The shop is open throughout the year selling our own Vermont Maple Syrup, Vermont Maple Candy, Maple Syrup Party Favors, Gift Boxes, and Family Raised Beef. Sugarhouse Tours are offered year round.
Visit Robb Family Farm Website
Petra Cliffs Climbing Center and Mountaineering School, 105 Briggs Street, Burlington, VT 05401 | 802-657-3872
Located in Burlington, Petra Cliffs is Vermont's premier indoor rock climbing facility and climbing school. Our gym features 8,500 square feet of climbing walls and bouldering for all abilities. Our programming, guiding, and instructional courses focus on individuals and groups of all ages.
Visit Petra Cliffs - Burlington, VT
The Dutton Berry Farmstands and Greenhouse, Route 30, Newfane, VT, Routes 11 & 30 in Manchester, VT, and Route 9 in West Brattleboro, VT | 802-365-4168
Dutton Berry Farmstands are well known for their Vermont grown produce and other unique local products. Fresh picked apples straight from our orchard are available throughout apple season. Stop in and pick up a jug of Dutton Berry Farm's fresh made apple cider, made from our home grown apples. Whether it is fresh farmer-grown fruits and vegetables, cider, Vermont maple syrup or plants, you'll enjoy visiting a true Vermont farm experience.
Visit Dutton Berry Farmstands- VT
Goodrich's Maple Farm, 2427 US Rte 2, Cabot, VT 05647 | 800-639-1854
From our Trees to Your Table! Pure Maple Syrup, All Natural, No Preservatives, No Additives, Fat Free, and Gluten Free. Our VT Maple Syrup is High in Antioxidants & Minerals. Wonderful for baking and in place of other sweeteners. Enjoy tours of our sugarhouse where you can see items from our past and present maple sugar making heritage! Educational explanation of the entire process from our trees to your table. Goodrich's Maple Farm is handicapped and accessible with ample parking for busses and RVs. Check our website for hours and online shopping.
Visit Goodrich's Maple Farm - Cabot, VT
Vermont Lodging | Vermont Dining | Vermont Attractions
Vermont Ski Areas | Vermont Real Estate | Vermont Vacation Packages
Vermont Products | Vermont Souvenirs
New England Living Magazine